9) Reasons

Gon's p.o.v
••••••••••••••
By the time the storm has withered away, it's already dark out. Lanterns are lit around the ship to light the way. I roam around the ships deck and stare up at the stars every once in a while. I lean up against the ledge and look down at the water. Most of the crew has gone back to the bunk room but I decided to stay out a little later. The ocean at night looks so strange. The water and the sky blend together. If I were laying out in the middle of the ocean, the only way I'd be able to tell the difference between the two, would be the twinkling stars.

I hear a creak coming from behind me so I quickly turn my body around. Standing behind me is Killua. But he's not looking at me he's looking past me. His hair looks messy and his clothes look fresh. He must have just changed..

"You ever wish you were a star." He says quietly.

He's never spoken to me in this tone before. It's calmer and less..demanding. His words take me by surprise. "I've never really thought about it before." I reply. I want to say something snarky but decide against it because he's actually talking to me like a normal person. I wanna see where this goes.

"I dream about it all the time." His eyes never leave the sky.

"Why?"

"Cause you can see everything. See everyone. Your omniscient."

I peak over at him. He looks almost sad. I feel like there's a deeper meaning behind his words.

"Oh..but why would you want to see everything?"

He finally peals his eyes away from the sky and looks at me. "I just...I always feel like everything is so close yet still out of my reach. I'd be able to...-" He shakes his head and turns away from me.

"Sorry. I don't know why I'm telling you all this." He starts walking away.

"I don't mind." I'm not really sure why I said that. I'm not very fond of Killua yet I still wanted to hear what he had to say.

He stops and turns his body to where he's facing me. "It's kinda nice not hearing you come up with an insult after each sentence." He says this with a smile. A genuine smile.

I role my eyes. "Don't make me start back up again cause I will."

A soft laugh escapes his lips. He clears his throat and beings talking again. "If your willing to listen..I'll tell you why I've been such a Dick lately."

"Oh so your admitting it?"

"Don't make me change my mind."

I smile without even realizing.

He sits down and leans up against the railing of the boat. I do the same. We're sitting right next to each other with a few feet between us. "When I was younger I lived on an island with my family. Life was simple and I didn't really have any worries. I throughly enjoyed my life. That was until about 5 years ago. I remember the day like it was yesterday.

I had just woken up. In my family we had a routine for each day. Get up, eat breakfast, do your chores, ect. I started that routine like any other day. But I noticed that something was missing. My little sisters presence. She haven't gotten up from bed yet so of course I went to go check on her. She was lying in bed completely still. She was still breathing but she was completely non responsive. I shaked her. I yelled at her. I did everything but she wouldn't open her eyes.

The island doctors said they had no idea what was wrong with her. They all said she only had a few days left to live. My whole family was devastated. They gave up way too quick...I was enraged by that. I wanted to at least try and do something for her. A day later while I was on a walk to clear my mind, and old lady approached me. She told me she knew what was wrong with my sister. She said that my sister was cursed. At first I thought it was a load of crap, but..I also knew that this was the only information anyone was able to give me on my sister. So I listened further. The old lady told me that if I went to an island by the name of "Light Haven" and retrieved some items for her she would be able to help me. I agreed without any thought. And now here I am. That's the reason I need to get to that island so bad. So when I found out that you had a journal with the island name on it I went a little hay wire."

"Ah I see. That makes a lot more sense now. You know you should've just told me that from the beginning." I say.

He raises an eyebrow. "I mean to be fair you were trying to steal from me so I was upset about that too."

"Heh..." I scratch the back of my neck.

"Oh! That reminds me..why's that green necklace so important to you?"

"It was Allukas.."

"Alluka..is that your sisters name?"

He nods.

"I'm sorry.." I mumble.

He smirks at my apology. "I knew I could get you to apologize first."

"Oh shut up." I shake my head.

Ok so maybe Killua isn't as bad as I thought he was. I still don't forgive him all the way cause I mean he did threaten to kill me..but..I think we made some progress today.

Killua stands up and starts walking back to his cabin. "Tomorrow bright and early. I'll teach you some stuff about the ship." Killua says with his back turned to me.

"Oh..well uh..Oliver actually already offered to help me learn some stuff."

Killua quickly freezes and slowly turns around to look at me. He has a look of disgust on his face. "Oliver...yea no. You'll be leaning from me. He's a manipulative, a liar, and a little piece of shi-" he stop before he continues speaking.

"Don't get involved with him."

"Pffft. Looks like someone holds grudges."

"He's my ex." Killua says bluntly.

"Oh...well I guess that makes sense then."

"Yea..anyways, I'll see you tomorrow." And with that, Killua shuts himself in his cabin.

I certainly learned a lot tonight..
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Ty for reading 👹

Oh btw I changed my user name to YourMiraki instead of Hanakooo-9. I wanted something a little more original.