A Man Without Love-Jake Lockely x Reader

Summary: It's been years since you've been in contact with Marc Spector. Going back to Egypt and still in undercover you meet up with him again. Though one of his alters doesn't quite trusts you which will led to you both bumping heads.

(I need more Jake Lockley in my life, especially after today's last episode. This is intended to be just a one shot but suggestions are welcome for me to write more)

**********************

I panted and continued to walk through the field of sands. "I really hate the sand." I glanced up and see the sun shining bright and it looks like it isn't going anywhere. Marc Spector and I go way back when we were training, that's until he ran away and we were all forced to hunt down for him.

I wanted no part of it since I grew fond of him, even had feelings for him so I didn't want to hurt him. Because of that I was released from my previous work and started working for Shield. I just started working a couple of months back so I'm still new, all i know is that I need to find Marc again.

All of the sudden the sky got dark, the sun was hidden by an eclipse and the sky grew dark then to purple with many bright stars surrounding the night sky. I stared up in awe, impressed, this looks beautiful-

"No, I have to concentrate. Something wrong is going on here." I started to run forward and saw two figures up ahead. A woman with a man dressed in a white suit.

The man lowered his hands and the sky suddenly stopped and he fell down on the ground falling unconscious. "Steven!" I heard the woman cry.

I ran closer until I reached them and i fell down to my knees holding onto the man. The woman stated back at me afraid, ready to attack. "Don't worry, I'm an old friend. I know all about Arthur Harrow." I quickly told her and took off the mask Marc was wearing, well Steven.

Getting to know about Marc wasn't easy but he did let me know once about his alter, Steven Grant. He only explained a bit about his childhood on how his mother was abusive towards him.

"We'll get him out." I huffed and started to lift him up with help from the woman next to me. "Let's get him to safety."

Slowly we started to walk away in case Harrow and his followers were to find us. The woman started a small fire while I continued to stare worriedly at Marc's body. "I wonder if he'll be waking up soon, it's been years since I last saw him..I really missed him."

I felt the woman's eyes on me and i turn to look at her with a confused expression. "What?"

"You missed him? How long have you both known each other?"

I shrug my shoulders, "Since he joined the military, he never mentioned you to me. Who are you?"

The woman's rolls her eyes and continued to frown, "I'm his wife."

I felt a pang in my heart. "M-Married? Since when?!" So much for trying to continue my emotions from her.

I lowered my head and it was my turn to frown and feel upset. "Sorry..had no idea he was married."

The woman caught on with what I meant by that. "He was always so nice towards me, so I assumed he was still single..I'll shut up now." This is so uncomfortable.

"My name is Layla."

"...I'm (Y/N)." I remained silent after.

So this is Layla El Faouly. Shit, I didn't expect to meet her anytime soon. Before Marc left, he had a mission with a team and they everyone present, her father was one of the people here. Does she know? Guessing by her expression and the sound of her voice, she doesn't know.