Missing You-Phil Coulson x Reader

"No!!"

I shout inside the helicarrier and fall down to my knees, this is the last time i'll ever hear my husband,Phil Coulson ever again. The both of us met each other right when we were recruited by Shield and trained everyday, we never talked to each other but when we did was at hand to hand combat and were competitive with one another.

We would occasionally beat each other and later on we began to hang out, it wasn't long after we started dated and got married. Nick didn't agree on us getting married cause he would keep asking "What would happen if either of you get killed" guess he was right all along.

Even if we passed most of our time with Nick and Maria Hill we would have time for ourselves at home. Agent Hill held me so I wouldn't panic but it wasn't working, Steve came rushing in and i managed to get out of Hills grip before i ran and knelt down to Phils level, "I told you to not come here on your own."

Phil grabbed my hand and held it tight smiling at me, "Worried as ever, you knew this would happen."

"Don't say those things Phil, y-you'll win this." Phil ran his thumb trying to wipe my tears away and smiled again.

"Promise me you'll keep yourself alive." i stared at his eyes and held onto his hand but before i could respond he fell silent and i stared back at his now lifeless eyes. "Phil..P-Phil?!" I gently began to shake him and my voice broke down.

Nick appeared behind me and rested his hand on my shoulder "I'm sorry (Y/N)." he said from behind and i stared down at the ground my vision all blurry when I stared back at Nick Fury, "You know that won't make me feel better...i quit.." i stated and got up with help from Maria, the entire time she stared at me with worried eyes.

"(Y/N) are you sure about this? You're one of the best agents we have and with Phil gone we'll need more help." Maria said and glanced over at Nick,Steve and Tony who were staring at my husband lifeless body "That's right..he's dead so there's nothing else for me to do here."

***************

It's been months since I last saw Maria along with Nick and decided to leave Shield for good. I haven't missed it one bit but home has become very lonely, now i only cook for one and sleep by myself. His friends and family would often call me and ask him how he has been..I decided to lie to them and tell him he's been really busy.

Maria Hill called me a few days later to inform me that Nick has ben severely wounded and almost died, so she called me over and I swore this was going to be the last time i'll help them. I got out of the car and entered the unfamiliar building, inside Maria came out and showed me to where Nick was resting.

"He wouldn't stop asking about you."

"Really? That's strange."

Maria nodded then looked over to me again, "How've you been dealing with his death?" i turn towards her and let out a sigh as i run my fingers down my hair "Now's not a good moment to talk about this Maria."

"You know sometimes it's easier to let someone go..but you impress me agent." confused by her words she looks over behind me and i turn back to see Phil. "Hello (Y/N)." I stared at him shocked that he's alive, slowly making my way towards him he grabbed my hand and kissed it, "Is it r-really you?" i stutter and he nods.

"It is me." he smiles and i'm quick to wrap my arms around him as he twirls me, "I missed you a lot!" i begin to cry and he kisses me.

"I swear i'll never leave you ever again, (Y/N)."