Sunsets-Erik Killmonger x Reader

Wakanda has one of the most beautiful sunsets. That's something Erik told me a few weeks before he revealed to me which he truly was and came from which his father told him before he passed away, Wakanda is his home, the one he deserved to live in but the people who lived there were going to blame him,mock him for being the son of a man who betrayed his own people.

I met Erik a year before his father passed away and I would occasionally escape from my house just to see him because my parents were strict about me seeing him. They were one of those typical American families who owns money and didn't give damn about the world, luckily for me I never cared about either of those things or when my father angrily told me to not hang out with him. 

Despite him not liking Erik at all I stayed by his side until we grew up into adults and I watched his leave to war on his missions but every time I knew he would come back to me.

My heart would always skip a bear when I saw Erik or heard his voice whenever he had the chance to call me. I stayed at our apartment and cooked meals,cleaned the place and wondered how Wakanda looked like. I was afraid to ask Erik anything else about the place cause he might get angry. True he wouldn't be welcomed there but it was his right to be there, they shouldn't blame him for what his father did.

One evening I was resting on the couch reading a book with the tv on even if i wasn't watching it and I heard the front door open. Erik appeared and I met with his beautiful dark eyes and gorgeous smile, he took a step forward as I stood up and he wrapped his strong arms around me and rested his head on my shoulder, "I missed you so much!" i smiled and felt him smiling also.

"I also missed you." slowly we pulled back and Erik stared down at me when I felt silence, "Are you alright (Y/N)?" he asked worried. I smiled wide and giggled at him always worrying about me, "I have great news Erik.."i beamed and took a hold of his hands.

Erik stared at me not knowing what was big news, "We're gonna be parents!" he stayed silent for a minute and his eyes brightened up and his smile grew, "P-Parents? I'm gonna be a dad?!" i never saw him so happy. He lifted me up in the air and spinned me around and few seconds later placed me back down and rested his hands on my stomach and knelt down.

"I swear once this is over i'll be staying at home a lot more to take care of our baby." i giggled and rested my hand on top of his, "The baby isn't even two months old." Erik looked up at me "I know but i already want to have our baby in my arms."

"Do you want a boy or a girl?" i ask him.

"Does it matter? I'll love her or him either way." he said before placing a kiss on my stomach then he stood back up and kissed my lips. "Since this is all of the sudden and I never expected this, i guess i better ask you." it was my turn to be confused. Erik pulled something out of his pocket and saw a ring.

"(Y/N) my father gave this ring to my mother once they got married and now I want you to have it, will you marry me?" Erik asked holding onto the ring and I couldn't help but cry. "Yes yes!" i smiled and hugged him again and again he leaned down and kissed me again before placing the ring on my finger.

"I swear i'll protect this ring with my life." looking up at Erik i can tell he trusts me with such thing. "How about once I finish with this and return from Wakanda we'll go to the church and have a small wedding?" he smirked. "I would love that very much." i blush when he kisses me again, "Go find a nice white dress before i come back, i can't wait to call you my wife." he said and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'll be back before you know it." he whispered and pulled away to meet my eyes again and smiled, "I love you so much Erik."

"I love you too."

********************

I smiled looking at the white cheap dress I bought just a few hours ago and already saw myself walking down the aisle ready to finally call Erik my husband. A few of our friends would be present,this wasn't the wedding i was expecting with just a few people and a cheap dress but this is Erik and i don't care if we don't have many things or if i didnt have the perfect dress for my wedding. I want Erik all to myself.

"I know you can't listen to me just yet but I want you to know that mommy and daddy will always love you no matter what, once daddy comes home we'll be together as a family once more." i said talking down at my stomach that hasn't grown yet. I can only imagine a healthy girl or boy running around the apartment playing with Erik.

Right when I stood up and was about to make dinner for Erik,a knock on the door came and i headed towards it and opened it revealing a young man and a girl by his side. I stared at them questioning them with my eyes who they were.

"Pardon me for coming all of the sudden but are you (Y/N)?" the man asked me and i nodded my head,the girl looked down to her feet her face shown regret and sadness. "My name is T'Challa." instantly i remembered the name Erik's cousin.

I didn't want any fight so I asked him about Erik, "Is he with you?" T'Challa stayed quiet and lowered his head, "I am sorry (Y/N)..he didn't make it. I wanted to save him.." silent with tears silently falling down my face I placed my hand on his shoulder and his eyes met mine, "Did he receive his final wish?" i ask knowing well what it was.

"He did.." he said silently and the girl stepped forward and handed me a necklace, "I got this from him, he handed it to me before he.." the girl stopped and handed the necklace to me. 

"(Y/N) I am sorry for the mistakes my people made on blaming my cousin for what his father did, but the last thing he said to me was to take you with me to live in Wakanda..that's the last thing he wanted." I stayed silent and only nodded my head,the girl known as Shuri helped me with a few things in my bags and in a flash we made it to Wakanda.

I stepped out of the ship and smiled looking up at the sky wirh tears in my eyes as i placed my hand onto my belly.

The sunsets here are truly beautiful...