Love Bites-Jack Russell x Reader

(Based on the Halloween Marvel short film: Werewolf By Night)

Summary: You've been friends with Jack for years. He's told you about his secret once but believe it's just a joke. Quickly you find out that he's been honest with you for a reason.

(I kinda got inspired by the Ice Nine Kills song 'Love Bites' since I'm an alternative/goth girl that likes to include these sort of things, also since it's inspired on An American Werewolf In London and it immediately came to my mind after watching this special. So, this will be a Jack x Reader one shot, maybe it's just me but I didn't like Elsa since I'm afraid she's a bit too bitchy in my opinion. Anyways enjoy.)

🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙

Soft classic music continue to play throughout the room filled with expensive and unique paintings, ancient relics and the heads of many monsters that were once hunted.

I huffed to myself and kept on looking at the fireplace, paying attention to anything as simple as that since I didn't want to listen to the few hunters around me. My parents were known well hunters along with the Bloodstone family, though for many years they have been rivals.

My father loved hunting for any sort of monsters, the ones who are a true threat to society and will do anything to harm anyone in their path, though they were certain and had a few friends that were considered monsters but truly weren't.

Or that's the tales I've heard people tell amongst each other. My parents mysteriously disappeared when they both left to go on a mission, I still miss them though.

Speaking of monsters I began to search around the place noticing just one person was missing. To my right I noticed Verussa talking to her step-daughter, we made quick eye contact but we both looked away quick, glaring at whatever was closest to us.

Today us six hunters have gathered for Ulysses Bloodstone's funeral, and for one of us to be in possession of the red stone.

The sour expression on my face quickly faded when I noticed someone walking through the short hall. Immediately I rose up from my spot on the couch and I felt my heart betting faster and smiling lovingly at the man who had just arrived.

"Jack."

The tall man looked down at me and quickly took a step back when he realized how close I had gotten to him. "You're too awfully close, (Y/N)." Jack said going back to his awkward self and his accent still strong as ever.

"How've you been? It's been months since I last saw you." I've become worried after all these months he's been avoiding me.

Jack looked around room we were at so gently he took my shoulder and made me walk away so we wouldn't be heard.

"I-I know it's been long..forgive me but remaining far from you means that you'll remain safe."

"I can take care of my own, Jack. I believe it's you who needs saving." Jack's expression softened when I tell him this.

Without a warning I lean closer to him until I wrapped my arms around him. I feel Jack's body stiffen when I hugged him, I felt him pat my shoulder until he grabbed my shoulders and pulled me off of him.

I smiled up at him sadly when I felt that he didn't want me anywhere near him. "I think you're just in some deep trouble and don't want to tell me the truth." I whisper to him.

I don't think he's a werewolf. Maybe he did something bad and simply wants to hide the truth from me.

"If only you'd knew, (Y/N)." Jack looked away from me and began to walk over to where the bright red stone was glowing. "Beautiful isn't it?" He said changing the subject quick.