Exes-Bucky Barnes x Reader

First of all I want to apologize for not writing since last year. I went through a lot and decided to take a break from writing on most of my books, bit Endgame is just a few days away so i've decided to write again. If you'd like to request you can but some might I might take some time writing on them depending on how i'm feeling mostly cuz I just got my first tattoo so it kinda hurts when i'm moving around or writing.

I'm seeing Endgame this Thursday which is in two days so I will be writing my review on it maybe the same day or a week later to let some of you watch it without spoilers. Also i'm gonna publish a Doctor Strange book so if you're interested in that let me know and once it's up i'll leave a link to it. Anyways enjoy!

****************

"I believe we need some time for ourselves, (Y/N)."

Those words kept on running through my head for many months, I felt my heart breaking into pieces when the man I once loved said that to me. With sadness I knew that I had to agree with him, he's a hero after all and he must defend the people who are in danger. It took a while to get myself back together and a year later was when a man with long hair stumbled upon my house all wounded and very hungry.

He ate almost everything I had on my fridge while I just stared at him and he would glare at me, not once did I feel intimidated by him and little by little he opened himself up to me and we fell in love.

I smiled as I walked hand in hand with Bucky into the Avengers building, this caught everyone's eyes and saw a smirk on Wanda's lips when she saw us together. "I had a great time today Bucky, thank you for going out with me."

Bucky took his cap and leather brown jacket off of him and smiled down at me. "No problem (Y/N), I do apologize for not being able to take you out on dates since you know people can't see me." he apologized so I leaned up and pecked his cheek. Just then I had an idea.

"Our date isn't over yet Buck."

"It isn't?" he asked surprised so I nodded my head and pointed at the large tv in the living room. "Pajama party." Bucky looked at me like I was crazy by doing such childish thing's but he reluctantly agreed.

"Sometimes I wonder if you're a kid disguised as an adult." Bucky teased and I scoffed. "You love me this way and you know it." to that Bucky smiled and went to change into his normal pajamas. I did the same and began to prepare some snacks. Tony was out with Pepper somewhere outside of the country. Wanda and Vision just left on a date which left me being alone with my boyfriend.

"Something smells nice in here." a voice said from behind me. I turned around and saw Steve walking into the kitchen as I poured the popcorn in a bowl.

"Steve? I thought you were out." I asked confused.

"Well you know me, I can appear and disappear and no one would notice."

What is that suppose to mean? I kept my eyes on him and without another word I walked past him and saw Bucky on the couch already watching a movie. "(Y/N), isn't this your favorite movie?" Bucky asked his eyes fixed on the screen.

"In fact it is." I sat down next to him and placed the bowl of popcorn between us. "What you two looking at?" Steve asked already walking into the living room.

"I haven't entirely seen the movie but (Y/N) loved it. We would invite you to join but you wouldn't want to-"

"Of course i'll join." Steve quickly answered and sat down next to me. This is so awkward and my heart is beating faster. Steve Rogers is my ex but lately he's been acting strange whenever I'm with Bucky. Bucky began to laugh at a scene and Steve joined in only to laugh louder and sarcastically at the same time.

Bucky knew that I dated Steve before but he was okay cause he knows that I moved on and love him only him. The night continued with some awkward conversations and silence. So I quickly ran to the kitchen to drink some water when Steve walked in.

"I see that you and Bucky spent the entire day together. Was it fun?" he asked and looked at me with dark blue eyes as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Of course it was fun." I simply answer getting a bit tired at his sudden change of behavior. "What's wrong with you?" I decided to ask. He stayed silent then took a step closer. "I hate seeing the way you and Bucky get along, we never had the time to get to know each other better-"

"Then you should've paid a close on her." Bucky said walking in and looking straight at Steve but not glaring at him. "Buddy..I know you still must be heartbroken and that she might remind you of someone from the past, but when (.Y/N) and I started going out I did promised I would look after her." To that Steve looked at him then back at me and Bucky again. He was loss for words as I watched his eyes wander around the kitchen.

"I k-know and you're doing a fine job buddy. Just don't leave her okay? Don't make the same mistakes I did." he sadly says so I slowly walked over and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me gently and felt a single teardrops land on my cheek.

"You'll always have a special place in my heart Steve as well as Bucky. Now..let's stop being so sad and let's enjoy the movie. I know you've been wanting to see it so you can understand the references."

Steve chuckled and looked down at me and messed up my hair, "Sure let's go and see it." Steve walked ahead so Bucky and I exchanged looks and smiled as we held hands and walked back to where Steve was.