Memories-Steve Rogers x Reader

***1942***

"Come on Steve, you can do it!"

I shouted at him from far the camp, he has been training hard to join the military to fight on the war but was rejected due to his health and physical problems, sure he isn't the strongest man out there but the military shouldn't be to judge people but to let them join them. I am not happy or agreed to Steve in trying to join the military but this is what makes him happy so i'll try my best to stay by his side.

"Well isn't it my little sister,came to see your amazing brother?" i laughed as my older brother ruffed my hair and made it all messy, he's another man i've always admired and would do anything for him,my brother,the only family i have left.

"James, I didn't come to see you." i joke and he fakes to be hurt.

"That hurts you know." i laughed and punched his arm not that hard. We've always been there for each other since we've been in the orphanage,we've stayed strong due to our relationship. "What even makes you want to root for him?" my brother asks and makes me look over to him.

"He needs someone to make him feel that he can do anything,James. You should be doing the same thing."

"I agree he is my best friend but there are somethings that should be left untouched." i think about it and look back at Steve trying his best. After a couple of hours we headed to the bar and Steve was sitting next to me and my brother who just arrived at the place. I saw Steve's eyes light up at the sight of his best friend.

"About time you arrived Bucky." he smiles and James smiles back.

"I wouldn't leave my friend and sister alone." i gave him a slight glare cause he knows I like Steve and wouldn't dare to leave each other alone even if Steve doesn't likes me but my friend Peggy Carter. I am jealous since she's a lot more prettier,smarter and stronger than I am. I guess only time will tell on what will happen.

"Don't get so sad little sis, let's drink up and forget our sorrows." James exclaimed and took a shot of his drink. I rolled my eyes and agreed to drink but just one shot cause I don't want to get drunk.

*******************************

"I can believe he agreed to it."

James walked back and forth in our room and I knew what he felt,anger,worried and distressed about the situation. Steve agreed to some kind of organization which we didn't know much of only that they were gonna inject him some type of serum to make him a super soldier,which only made me and my brother freak out even more. "I know Bucky you are worried and so am I but there's nothing we can do now but wait." we waited and waited some more till we fell asleep and heard someone knocking on the door.

James stood up quickly and walked out of the room so I followed him and we both stared at Steve. There is no way this is the Steve Rogers i know...

Steve looked very different he was taller and muscular nothing like he was before, "Holy shit." James stared at his friend and walked to hug him. "Glad to know you were worried about me Bucky." Steve laughs and pulls away from Bucky.

I couldn't utter a word of even move, Steve took a few steps closer to me and I wrapped my arms around him and he did the same, he isn't the same height as me now and he could easily crush me, i feel a bit intimidated now.

"I'm so happy nothing bad happened to you." i tell him and only hug him tighter.

I prepared dinner since Bucky invited Steve to stay and Peggy couldn't keep her eyes off of Steve. I served each of them and myself and heard the three of them mostly talking, Steve however was a bit quiet and I swear i saw him looking at me a couple of times.

I left the three of them to talk about their things so I stepped outside and took a deep shaky breathe. Now he will go to military and surely do other things,i won't be able to see him or James everyday or even Peggy cause they all will be busy.

"(Y/N)"

I looked back and quickly wiped away my tears and smiled at Steve who came closer to me and stood by my side, "Is everything alright?" he asked and i nodded and looked back at him,still not used to seeing him the way he is now.

"Yeah everything is fine.."

"Well..are you okay?" he clarified and that made me look at him in the eyes and i shook my head, "I'm scared..i won't be able to see you or my brother after you're gone. I'll be alone again." Steve carefully wrapped his arms around me again and held me like that for a good minute.

"I want you to have this." we pulled away and Steve held a small necklace in his palms and held it for me to grab,i did and stared at it,it was a beautiful deep blue gem incrusted with small silver diamonds. Realizing the value of this I held it back to him, "Steve this is w-way to valuable, please take it back-"

"I want you to have it."

"Steve..i-i can't."

Steve smiled and looked back at me and placed the necklace around my neck, "Tell you what, if we see each other again you can give it back to me." i blushed as my friend stared down at me and slowly began to lean closer and closer to my lips. I closed my eyes and felt his lips on mine,i wrapped my arms around him and kissed him back. Enjoying the last moments I have with him.

*********************************

Steve's pov

"You've been asleep for nearly 70 years."

I stared back at the man in front of me who calls himself Nick. I stayed still and looked at my surroundings,New York City. It looks way different from what I knew..i felt my heart shatter..the last thing I remember was seeing Bucky die,talking to Peggy and remembering her say to me that (Y/N) was murdered right after I left.

I promised to come back to her and i broke that promise..I lost everyone.

"Follow me Rogers."

Nick told me and slowly but trying to not trip I made it inside a car and Nick began to explain to me some things that happened and changed since I was asleep. I looked outside the window and saw a large building and once the car stopped I followed Nick into an office and he showed me my records and everything else I remembered before I was frozen.

"I'm sorry if you lost your comrades in battle but we'll try to make it easier for you." Nick looked behind him when the door behind us knocked. "Mr Rogers i'd like you to meet my assistant." i stood up and turned around to meet his assistant.

When I did i felt my heart stood and my hands began to shake as I stared at a young woman, she looks exactly like her, her hair,her face..

I couldn't help but look down and saw a necklace holding a blue gem,the exact same one she once had. "Hello..my name is Steve Rogers." i introduced myself. The girl smiled and shook my hands, "Nice to meet you Steve,i'm (Y/N)."