Not So Different-Rocket x Nebula

I scoffed and glared as I watched my team head off with this weird guy known as Ego, who apparently is Quill's father, "like father like son" i mutter under my breathe as I continue to fix the ship up and put down the fire which Groot caused when we were asleep. It's just me, Groot and Nebula left in this deserted planet.

Quill's been acting like a jackass since I stood those batteries, not my fault those golden idiots treated us like trash, they have thousands of units, gold and endless things in their possessions and they don't even bother in helping others out. I could've stolen all those things if it weren't for the dumb human who calls himself the leader of our group.

"I am Groot"

"Yeah it's just you and me buddy." I reply to the small tree who began blocking my way as I began to fix a couple of wires.

"I am Groot?"

"Don't even bother, why would they even return for us?"

"I am Groot."

"Hey language! besides it'll be nice to take a break from all of them, just like the old days.." I smile at the memory of just Groot and I going on missions collecting things and stealing from people. As captain of this team and ship I say it's my duty to tell them all on what i'm planning to do. I feel Groot tugging onto my pant and once I look down he points ahead of him and I look at Nebula.

"I am Groot?"

"There's no way we're releasing her."

"I am Groot."

"No! I'm not listening to Quill's orders, i'm doing it for you." i sigh and pat the top of Groot's head. "Now hand me that piece of metal over there." Groot happily wanders away to grab the pieces and I roll my eyes, it's been hard trying to take care of Groot who's basically a baby for now and like one..he's dumb.

"You should consider letting me go fox." Nebula warns and tried to move from her restraints. "Not a chance." i continue with my work on trying to ignore as I build up a couple of weapons and bombs just in case an enemy approaches the area.

*******************

Night approached rather quickly and with Groot's help we put on the fire and sat down on a log and finished eating up our dinner, I kept on glancing over to Nebula who glared at the fire and I had my taser gun ready if she planned to escape since Groot wouldn't stop begging me to at least let her walk around. I did as he asked me and now she's here..glaring at the fire for some dumb reason.

She shifted in her position and quickly I grabbed my weapon and was ready to shoot her but she groaned loudly and glared at me next, "What's the problem with you?!"

"Don't know what you mean." i vacantly tell her.

"I'm not planning in escape if that's what's running through tour small dumb thick head." she loudly tells me and Groot stays silent in his seat looking back at her and me.

"Shut up before I shoot you, you don't know what i've been going through." Nebula scoffed and sat up keeping her stare on me.

"I've had a rougher life than yours rat."

"So what else is new? You,Quill and Gamora have daddy issues."

"It's not just that you idiot."

We stayed silent for a minute of two till she spoke up again, "My father made Gamora and I fight each other since we were little to prove ourselves to him, she always won and each time I lost i was replaced my machinery, not once did she feel sympathy for me. That's why i'm planning to kill Thanos myself and Gamora."

"Hmm well good luck." i sarcastically reply and smirk.

"Do you think this is funny?"

I shrug my shoulder and stood up on the log,looking at her again "I think it's funny we're kinda on the same path. We've both been used for experiments, the one you thought was your friend abandoned you and now you're on your own."

"I am Groot." We look over to Groot who seems to be smiling? "What's he saying?" Nebula asks me.

"He says that we're not so different after all and that I should let you go." what the hell. I move closer to her and got the restraints off from her.

"Guess we're even then." Nebula with her real hand touches her wrist and nods "Yeah..don't worry i'm not going to escape." she says to me and sighs looking up at the sky. "Thanks for listening to me." my ears shot up and before I could say anything I felt her arms wrap around me, i stay still for a second but decided to give in."

"We're not so different after all fox."