Apprentice-Doctor Strange x Reader

I hummed along to a song as I waited outside a bit desperate to get inside the familiar place i visited many times. The Ancient One will be excited to see me once more. Wong came over and finally let me enter the temple and when I was inside i looked around and nothing really changed. I held onto my backpack till we entered a room and i let it fall on the floor and sat down crossed legs on the carpet as i waited for the Ancient One to appear.

A man probably in his mid thirties appeared and stared down at me not amused, "What up?" i said and extended my hand till he smacked it, "Ow! That hurts." i pouted and kissed my hand. "Why have you come here?" he said showing no emotion whatsoever.

"Umm didn't you receive my letter?" i ask looking over to him and see Wong with a letter in his hands and he hid it behind his back. "You received my letter and didn't bother to read it?!" i ask loudly at the man and he smacks my head.

"Quiet. There's people here trying to train." angry i glare up at him and he sighs reaching for the note in Wongs hand and reads it. He sighs and crosses his arms now looking at me as i stood up, "She's dead."

"Who's dead? Ancient One?!"

The man nods his head not believing in him I turn to Wong who does the same. "It can't be possible-" "It was a man known as Kaelicius killed her." "I know who he is!" i shout at him angrily and try to calm down. She was almost like a mother to me and now she's gone. I didn't realize i was crying till the man shifted a bit and spoke, "Umm i think it's time for you to leave. The exit is that way and be careful on the streets." he said pushing me to the exit and i pushed him back and wiped my tears.

"I'm not leaving." I fought and he look surprised for a second.

"Look little girl you-"

"I'm not little either! I'm 20." i glared at him and Wong stepped in between us. "I'm afraid she cannot leave. Look." he gave the man a note which he read and stared at it without saying anything. I stepped closer and grabbed the note from his hands and read it.

"Ancient One clearly left a note saying that she'll be your apprentice now." The man stared back at me and shook his head, "This can't be real s-she never told me anything about a girl arriving. I've barely learned more spells."

"But you know most of them already." Wong reminded him "I can see you being an excellent master to her." i stared at them back not knowing what to say till the man walked away leaving me alone with Wong.

"I apologize he has a strong attitude and doesn't open up to himself that much." i continued to stare where the man left "I can see that."

*************

I sighed loudly and finished folding the clothes i was wearing and placed them on top of the table,i was wearing an outfit similar to the man only mines black and his is blue. That man looks familiar i swear i've seen him before. The door opened and i looked back up to see him "Made yourself comfortable?" he asked clearly his voice filled with sarcasm.

"Ha ha very funny." i replied and looked down at my knees.

"Did she suffer?"

"She didn't..before she died she spoke about a girl she met and was a dear friend of hers but i never imagined it would be you." he sincerely says and he steps closer and hands me a piece of paper.

"What's this?" i ask looking at the random numbers and letters.

"The wifi password."

He was leaving till i stood up and ran towards the door, "Wait! What's your name?" i ask realizing i never heard his name.

"Stephen Strange.." he says looking back to me.

"(Y/N)." i say and he nods.

"Well (Y/N) training starts tomorrow first thing in the morning." he said and i watched him leave. Smiling to myself I closed the door behind me and headed to bed.

*************

"Alright now concentrate."

I listened to Stephens voice and closed my eyes, "What do you see?" i concentrated harder and next thing i know Stephen was shaking me and calling out my name when I opened back my eyes i stared back at him and started to breath heavily.

"What did you see (Y/N)?" he asked holding onto my shoulder and i stared back at his bright eyes and stared back down at the floor "I-I saw you and o-other people i don't recognize..dead..w-what does it mean?"

"What else?" Stephen asks now serious.

"We were in space? a-and my hands we're covered in b-blood. Stephen? what does it mean?" i look over to him and he stands up.

"Thanos..that's what he wants you to believe, he wants to manipulate you and you fell right into his trap. I've seen this kind of thing before..you must leave." he turned his back and practically ran out of the room leaving me alone .

"H-Hey wait!" i shouted over at him and reached his arm but he quickly pulled it back and glared down at me "Do you have any idea what he's capable of? The damage he'll make once he comes for us."

"W-Who are you talking a-about?" i stutter and took a few steps back when he came closer and i ended up against the wall staring back at him a bit frightened. "It doesn't matter anymore, if you're not gone by the afternoon i'll tell Wong to kick you out." with that he left once more. I ran back to my room and started to pack my bags, maybe i am giving him a hard time, am i being too childish,is that it?

Slowly i packed my backpack and was ready to leave the room when the door opened and from the corner of my eye i saw him, i fully turned to face him. "I..umm..I want to apologize for the way i've treated you." i remained silence and he continued. "Seems this was her last wish and i'm willing to complete it. The man who's trying to manipulate you is called Thanos and is an ancient being who can easily kill us if we aren't prepared."

Stephen said and took a step closer and stood in front of me "So if you're not that upset i'd like you to stay." i stared up at him surprised and smiled tears escaping from my eyes and Stephen reached my cheek and wiped a tear away.

"You're an odd one (Y/N)." he said and i swore i saw a smile on his lips before i blinked and blushed when he pulled his hand away. "I'm ready for you training Doctor Stephen Strange." i smiled back at him and he nodded and took a hold of my hands.

"Alright, (Y/N)..now concentrate."