Apprentice Part 2-Doctor Strange x Reader

"Alright, do it exactly like me."

I sat down and paid my full attention to Stephen's other magic trick. Alright alright I got it! Stephen turned back to look at me "Now you try it." i confidently stood up from the ground,dusted my new clothes which was similar to Stephen's one only mine is black. My short black hair was tied up in a braid to prevent any loose hair to cover my face which wasn't helping at all.

I stood next to Stephen and mimicked his moves and a portal opened, "Yes I did!" I ran over to it and right when I was about to enter the portal disappeared and i lost my balance and fell to the ground hurting my ass.

"Oww." i hissed and rubbed my back, I looked back up to see Stephen staring down at me with an unamused expression and Wong next to him wasn't helping at all. "

What happened? Why didn't it work? Does my ring need to be charged. Mr Strange you need to help me."

Stephen scoffed and helped me up, "They don't need batteries." he said trying to not start an argument with me. "The problem is you."

"Me?"

"Yes you you moody teenager." he said tossing me my ring again which fell. I caught it and glared at him "Well excuse me mr know it all who always spends his time thinking his superior to others and thinks he looks cool with the cloaks collar up."

"I don't do that." he replied crossing his arms over his chest and I did the same. I stomped away angrily and went back to my room and fell on top of the bed. He's just old and dumb and he doesn't know that it's hard for me to try these new techniques. Having enough of being locked up on here I grabbed my coat and managed to open a portal and quickly jumped in and found myself outside the sanctuary.

"Yes i'm finally out!"

Stephen doesn't let me go outside the busy streets of New York claiming that an enemy would approach me and kill me if I don't know how to fight. Well I say screw that i've had enough of him and his strict rules. 

The afternoon was chilly and filled people walking back and forth, i glanced back to see the door that leads to the sanctuary but continued to walk, walking down the streets I saw a few people looking at me funny by the type of clothes I was wearing and didnt bother to change.

I took my phone out and began to listen to a couple of songs while making my way to buy a hot dog and a couple of other junk foods to stuff my face in,by the time i finished with everything my bag was full so that was my cue to leave this place but there's one place I want to go before i leave, the park.

I was making my way to the park when I heard footsteps behind me and i glanced back to see three tall men following me. I quickened my pace but that lead the guys to know that they were behind me, i hid behind the water fountain and began to take my ring out of my pocket and place it on my ring but one of the guys caught me and licked me to the ground.

"Now where is it?!" i began to search for my ring which fell from my hands.

The man grabbed me by my hair and held me tight while the other two approached us laughing, "This little girl was trying to escape from us lads, how about we have some fun with her." i closed my eyes tight and when I opened them I felt the man let go of my hair and groan. I stared confused when I realized that the levitation cloak wrapped itself onto the man, i knelt down and began to search for my ring quickly.

"Stubborn as always."

I rolled my eyes when I heard Stephen's voice from behind me and saw the three guys running away, i stared at him who had his arms crossed and the cloak imitating him. "I had it under control." i reply to him as i stood up and wiped the dirt out if my clothes.

"Whatever you say. You could've at least change into your normal clothes to head outside they are many enemies keeping an eye out for anyone from the sanctuary and you were an easy target." he replied not caring about what I had to say.

"Are you gonna stay here?" he stopped taking a glance at me.

"If it means not hearing your lecturing then yes."

"Very well then." Stephen along with his cloak left leaving me in the park on my own. I sat down by an empty bench and started to scold myself for being so stubborn and acting like a kid, i'm an adult now and I should start acting like one. I can tell deep down Stephen is expecting great things from me but I'm not putting any effort on our trainings, maybe I should leave the sanctuary and forget about all of this..I can't..it'll mean that i'll have to forget him to..

Over the last couple of days I began to look at Stephen as more than a teacher and master. We do have a large age gap whatsoever but that doesn't mean I can stop liking him..I do embarrass myself a lot in front of him,Wong and the rest in the temple. If I want him to look at me differently I have to start changing.

The park is empty so I took the opportunity to train, it didn't take long till I managed to do the mirror dimension and other things Stephen tried to teach me. I stared up ahead and positioned my hands up, creating a circle and concentrating harder a second later I opened up the portal leading into the sanctum.

"I did it! I did it!" I smiled wide and ran inside and before I could shout Stephen's name I tripped over how excited I was. "Ow." I rubbed my knees and slowly stood up, "Stephen? Ah!-" i shouted when I saw he was behind me.

"Did you see! I-I opened it up on my own and did some other-"

"I know i was there hidden and saw you." i blush furiously,just thinking of him hidden somewhere spying on me is..weird yet exciting. Quickly i stood up and looked back up at him and stared into his bright..green beautiful eyes..stop it (Y/N)!

Stephen stared an me strangely but brushed it off. "I can see that you're finally putting some effort in your work."

"It was about time that I did..i also want to protect the sanctum like the rest and show everyone what i'm capable of doing..and maybe let my master know that I care vey much about it.." i felt my cheek heat up when i slowly let out those words, i looked back to see Stephen taken back by it too.

He looked away quickly from me and swore I saw a bit of pink on his cheeks. The cloak looked over to him and slapped him, Stephen glared at his cape but crossed the edge of it's cape.

"I'm proud that you're finally being capable of doing your tasks and that you'll finally listen to me,you'll finally put your childlike side away from your responsibilities and start acting like a proper adult." he smiled a bit at the last and I shook my head.

"Not entirely." he sighed loudly and looked back at me.

"So..do i think i'll make you proud then?" he stayed silent with a frown on his face. "You've already have." he sighed when his cape was about to smack him again. I smiled wide and ran over to him and wrapped my arms around him almost making us fall over.

"Thank you thank you Mr Strange! I promise i'll the best student you've had."