Never Alone-Scott Lang x Reader

"(Y/N)?!" 

My annoyed partner shouted my name making it clear that he wanted me to head over to his desk quick. Arriving, his eyes glared at me and tossed me a file and i looked at it through and met his eyes once more. "Did you know?" he asks and crosses his arms,his eyes still on me the entire time. It's been like this ever since I joined the police..it's because i've been friends with Scott Lang for years and he thinks i'm not backing him up on our work. 

"Of course I didn't know he was released from prison,i shouldve told you." I lie to Paxton staring back at him and he loudly sighs pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I swear-"

"You swear what Paxton? That you'll also lock me up like you do with anyone?" I cross my arms and grabbed my backpack.

 "See you at work tomorrow." glaring at him one more time I leave the police department and started walking down the busy streets passing by a baskin and robbins. I stare outside the window and see Scott. I feel my heart beating faster at the sight of my old friend, quickly i rush inside the store and smiled at Scott.

"Welcome to Baskin Robbins how can I help-" Scott was holding onto an ice cream cone but immediately dropped it when he saw me. "(Y/N)?" he stuttered and stared at me smiling and began to wipe the ice cream.

"You know it's rude to not call your friend and meet him up after he left prison." i hold onto my backpack and he stared around the store and telling a few customers to wait in line. "S-Sorry I was gonna call you till Luis told me they needed someone to work here. I promise I was gonna call youn right after."

"Scott!" we heard a voice call him and saw what I assume is his boss.

Scott awkwardly smiles at me and begins to walk away, "I'll be right back!" i laugh and give him a thumbs up. I wait for him outside and see him with frowning "Don't tell me that man fired you." he nods and takes a sip out of a drink his boss gave him.

"Yeah they figured out what I did.."

"I'm sorry to hear that Scott I really am..I worry a lot about you." we stop and he looks down at me and we meet eyes,awkwardly we look away and begin to walk once more. "How's Cassie?" I ask instead and he smiles to himself "She's really grown a lot..i feel sorry that I havent been in her life a lot."

"Scott you worry too much. I've been visiting her almost everyday even if your ex doesn't like it or Paxton, but Cassie won't be alone again knowing you're back..i won't ever be alone cause you're back.." i meet his eyes and he began to lean towards me.

"Hey Scott! (Y/n)!" We turned around and saw Luis waving at us inside his van.

Scott and I laughed and hugged each other "How about I see you tonight?" he suggests. I nod my head smiling and wave at him "See you tonight Scott."

****************************

Just an hour away for my date with Scott..well it might not be a date but I'll pretend that it is. It's been months since i've seen Scott and I want to be able to tell him about my feelings today. I want to spend more time with him and his daughter, i won't replace her mother ever but I want to be in her life.

I looked over by the bed and saw my phone ringing and saw the person calling. Paxton again? He called panicking about an alarm going on a few blocks away from my home and wanted me to get there quick likes always, "Go and find the thief." he shooed me away and held onto his gun. I grabbed mine and ran around the corner to try and find the person breaking in.

"Freeze!" I shouted when I saw a figure ahead of me with their back towards me. The person turned around and it was non other than Scott himself. "What the hell are you doing here Scott?! If that idiot of Paxton sees you he'll arrest you again."

"I know and sorry f you were waiting for tonight but something happened and I came to leave this suit I found.. it's hard to explain (Y/N)."

"I think I heard voices from over there." both of us turned to see flashlights approaching us and I saved my gun. "I won't stop you Scott..don't let Paxton or his men find you." Scott nodded and I saw him disappear in the shadows till Paxton appeared behind me and cursed. 

"Did you catch who the guy was?" he asks out of breathe and I shake my head.

"Nope I had no idea."