A Little Help-Thor Odinson x Reader

It's been a couple of weeks since Thor returned from Asgard and since I am his only friend he's close to here on Earth he so happened to show up on my door asking me if he could stay here for a couple of days..which later turned to weeks. I would leave my apartment here in New York and leave Thor telling him to be careful and not destroy anything and take care of my dog, i would always return later afternoon and find him laughing at some reality show while shoving a few cans of beer.

"Thor."

I repeated his name till he finally looked back and smiled when he realized i came back from work, "(Y/N) It's nice to see you're back, you came in early." he says looking down at his wrist which had no watch.

"I've been away for half the day." I told him trying to not get angry the fact that I came in soaking wet and he promised to meet me outside of my work, "It's been raining all day and you've been sitting here drinking beer." he stared down at his now empty can of beer and threw it landing perfectly on the trash bin.

"I apologize for not picking you (Y/N) but you see there was a marathon about this family." he rambled on about the show and walked over to the fridge to grab another beer, he sat back down and I stoof in front of him blocking his view from my tv.

"Huh (Y/N) can you please move so I can watch the show?" he asks looking up to meet my eyes and he gulped. "Thor it's been a while since you've been here and you've been of no help at all. I mean it's fun having a member of the Avengers here but I need someone to help me pay bills or at least cook and throw away the trash." i pointed over by the corner with two large bags and he followed grimaced looking at it.

"You could have at least pick up the phone!"

"I don't know how to use a phone, you should've sent a raven."

"How about finding a job?" I suggest and he grins almost like he's about to laugh.

"i already have a job to save the planet."

I glare at him then the floor already wet by my hair including clothes were still dripping in water down to the carpet, "Alright. I'll take those out then." he said nodding his head and stood up and before leaving i snatched the can from his hands and went to my room, "I deserve this and if I get sick i'm blaming it on you."

Thor groaned and walked past me saying "You sound just like Loki." with that he left the apartment and i changed my wet clothes and got into my warm pajamas. Under the covers i got comfy and found myself sneezing every minute and getting colder every second. Great now i'll have a cold and worst thing is that my coffee machine broke and i've been dying for a warm drink.

*********************

I exhaustedly woke up, yawned, looked at my alarm and saw that it was 7:40 am. The next day, since i'm sick i quickly grabbed my phone and told my boss I wouldn't make it to work today, after hanging up I got up from my bed and with my blanket around me I stepped out of my room and jumped when I heard a loud thump.

"Darn thing! Why won't you work." I peeked my head in the small kitchen and saw Thor staring down at the coffee machine angrily, scolding the thing like it could hear him, well it is funny seeing Thor getting angry at the simplest of things. I looked down at my feet and saw a pan he must've used as a weapon to hit the machine.

I grabbed the pan and laughed at Thor who quickly leaned back surprised by my sudden entrance. He looked around refusing to meet my eyes and coughed, "This thing won't work." Smiling I got closer and saw that this want my old damaged coffee machine but a new one.

"Thor this isn't mine."

Thor still looking at the item nodded his head and ran his hand down his blonde hair "I-I know. I woke up early than usual to buy it..the woman at the store kept asking me to buy it even if i didn't have dollar which is what you humans call money."

"So how did you manage to buy it?" I ask giggling and he scoffs.

"That's umm a story for another time. I wanted to surprise you with coffee which is what you always drink before leaving for work." I felt my cheeks getting warmer and i glanced up at Thor taking a good look at his features.

Why am I only realizing that he's hot?!

He looked down at me and I smiled awkwardly at him, "A-Alright just try it this way." I began to show him and teach him how to get the coffee ready.

He nodded occasionally when I asked him if he got it, "Of course I got it! We Asgardians used to brew the finest coffee beans in the galaxy."

"Thor the servants did not you."

Thor smiled to himself and I began to grab two bowls of cereal filling it with milk and taking out the orange juice from the fridge. I heard something from behind me and once again Thor began to move the coffee machine around.

"This must be some kind of trick." he spoke to himself. He examined the machine closely and then the instructions again, "Don't worry (Y/N) i'll have you coffee in no time. I grabbed the rest of the food and placed it on the table and heard thunder outside.

"Curse this vile machine!" he shook the machine around and dropped it back on the counter before lifting it up again, "by Odins beard this is the worst thing Earth has! Why won't it work!" he shouted and rested the machine back down.

I walked back towards him and got closer to his side, "Thor." I said looking back at him and he hummed as a response his eyes resting intensely the the coffee machine.

"You haven't connected the machine to the power."