Hard Love-Tony Stark x Reader

"Tony!"

"Mr. Stark this way!"

Many paparazzi's shouted at Tony as they continued to take pictures of him and Pepper Potts, I huffed and rolled my eyes at Tony wrapping his arm around her waist and smiling.That idiot. But who am i to think that he'll like me? I only work for him and he treats me like any of employees which is weird cause he basically flirts with any women. With my clipboard in hand i follow him when the press was over and heard him discuss with Pepper about a dinner date night.

I remember the first time i met the man, we were in collage and he was still a know it all who had daddy issues and when his friends weren't around he would hang out with me at school but later on he opened himself up to me about his problems and i was there for him. I always liked him more than a friend but it looks like he's never felt the same.

Now he's this billionaire,playboy,philanthropist who doesn't give a care in the world.

I sighed loudly and didn't realize that he was staring at me and i stared back at him surprised and he took a couple of steps forward and didn't say a word which was making me nervous. "What's with the sighing?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." i told him but Tony was no idiot. He removed his glasses and stared at me with those dark brown eyes i've always loved, "I've caught you either sighing or huffing annoyed at something, what is it?"

I laughed it off and shook my head, "There's nothing wrong Mr Stark."

"See? Something is wrong you only call me by my last name when something is wrong. Come on (Y/N) tell me what's wrong with you." he said and was about to grab my hands when the doors bursted open and Pepper stared at us.

Tony faked a cough and smiled awkwardly at us both and clapped his hands, "Who wants a drink? I know i do." he said walking in front of me and into his home. Pepper glared at me and without meeting her gaze I went down to where he keeps his suits and began to work on some new things while Tony was upstairs having his little date.

"That idiot he thinks he's so full of himself." i angrily told myself and twisted with a piece and groaned throwing my head back and staring down at the piece of machinery in my hands and placed it on the desk filled with tools.

Sometimes I wish Tony was the man he was before, when he actually opened up to me and talked to me about his real life.

*******************

Siting up in a hurry and a bit surprised at the sudden noise on my window i turned the lamp on my desk on and walked over to the window and opened the curtain to see Tony waving and smiling at me, i frowned at him but opened the window for him to enter. "Do you have any idea what time it is?" i ask and looked at the clock which read 1:22.

"Yep. It's 1 am (Y/N) i can read..besides there's a party over at that guy who secretly hates me and i decided to show up." he smiles and sits on my bed.

"You went to a party? at the house of a guy you know hates you?"

"How could I not?! I heard he had many drinks so I had to go to his house and see if he wasn't lying..he wasn't!" he exclaims still smiling and i stared at his looking at his seriously with a frown on my lips.

"Tony?"

"Yeah?" he asks looking down at a stain on his shirt.

"How many drinks did you have?"

"I had one..or two? I'll be honest i have no idea." he says laughing.

"Tony!"

"I know i know!" he says with his hands up in defense and see him struggling to keep his hands up. "Is this my puke?" he asks himself staring at his shirt again. I groan and dug into my clothes and found a shirt that belonged to my cousin and handed it to him, "Change into that." I said blushing when i handed him the shirt and he took his dirty shirt off.

"Y-You know i don't drink for fun." he said after a burp came out of him and he continued "I try so hard to impress my Dad, i have amazing grades and have dated many girls." i roll my eyes once more and with my arms crossed over my chest i see him struggling and see him looking down at his lap, "He never seems to be satisfied with me..s-sometimes i wonder if he wanted me as a s-son."

Feeling sorry for him I sat next to him and Tony rested his head on my shoulder, "Tony..i'm sure you're father means no harm, maybe he's acting like that for a reason but he surely loves you..just like i do." i confess feeling my cheeks warm up i glance over to him but see him fast asleep.

Internally i groan angrily at him not listening to me confess my feelings.

*********************

I wish I could turn back time to tell him how much I really love him. Continuing with my work on his new suit i heard footsteps coming from the stairs and saw Tony still in his well cleaned suit and a glass of what seems like wine in his hands.

"Isn't it my favorite person in the world." he jokes and smiles making his way over to where i'm sitting and looks down at my work.

"Looks amazing (Y/N). Not as amazing as my work but still good." he laughs and smiling i push him back a little, "I made sure to make a few updates on it and still keeping that signature red color of your suit."

"Glad you did. Aren't I the best Avenger?" he smirks.

"No way Captain America is." Tony stares at me shocked and I laugh at his reaction, "I'm kidding Tony!" i laugh and Tony smiles to himself and stares down at the drink in his hands, "I'm glad you said that, i can't imagine the person i most love in this world betray me like that." i felt my breathing stopped and i stared at Tony.

"What?" he asks surprised.

My eyes squinted at him and his drink in hand, "How many drinks have you had?" Tony laughs and raises his glass up "Just this one,why?" i didn't sat a thing and Tony caught on, "Do you really think I didn't mean it? or meant it ever?"

I stop working and meet his brown eyes, "Tony you always say that but never actually meant it. I've liked you since we were in collage alright?" i say finally telling him "I remember once you came into my room and you complained to me about your father and fell asleep right when I confessed my love to you. I always wanted you to look at me differently than a friend and i-i don't think i can continue anymore without-"

Tony grabbed my shoulders with both his hands and leaned towards kissing my lips,surprising me at first he pulled away and I had no words. Tony looked at me and rested his hand on my cheek and smiled, "I always loved you too (Y/N) but i didn't want anyone to hurt you because of who I am, i'm sorry if i made you upset."

"B-But what about Pepper?"

"It's an act so everyone thinks we're dating so everyone else doesn't know apparently about my real life. We only had dinner to discuss some plans for the Avengers." smiling I wrapped my arms back around him and kissed his lips once more before pulling back and he smiled, "Does that mean I can officially call you Mrs Stark now?"