Differences-Loki x Reader

Everyday's the same ever since I can remember, i've been locked up in this large room for years without seeing the outside world, but I don't need too since it was my choice to stay here and never go outside, the real world is horrible and scary to me. I still remember the looks I got from the Asgardians here when i first arrived, their faces were full of horror, Odin rescued me and even if my race was enemies with him, he took a liking towards me,

Yes..i'm a Jotun.

Odin respected my wishes along with Frigga and would everyday come and check up on me, i got food,clothes and many things. I never complained since they gave me everything ai needed but I have complained about the way I look.

I have mirrors in this room but i've placed a sheet of cloth on them so I won't have to look at myself, besides the whole room is filled ice also..the only thing I have separating me from the world outside and my room is the large window right next to my dresser and table work area. I have access to look at the city below me and the many people walking through, they would sometimes look up but luckily they wouldn't see me since my face was always covered up.

It's hard being this way..hiding from the world.

A small knock on the door interrupted me from my thoughts and I hurriedly raced towards it, smiling a little at the visitor. "(Y/N), I brought you something!" the cheerful voice said from the other side of the door.

"What is it?"

"Look down."

I looked down near my feet and saw him slowly pushing down the door a small napkin. I reached down and unfolded it to reveal a couple of cookies, "My mother made some so I decided to bring some for you!" i smile as I took a bite and placed a hand on the door.

"Thank you so much."

"Anytime (Y/N)."

I heard his footsteps disappear and I smiled and sat down on the floor. He's the only friend i've made since I arrived even if we've never seen each other and his name is Loki.

*********************

Over the years he would always knock on the door and I would race to meet him, this is the only thing blocking us from meeting each other. I always felt happy when I would hear his running footsteps approaching my door and over the years those running footsteps faded, he's now an adult and so am I.

I was reading my new books when Loki knocked on the door three times and slowly I approached it. "Loki?" i knew something was up since he stayed silent for a few seconds. I heard his sigh and he leaned over the door and slid down sitting on the floor, i did the same and paid my full attention on him.

"It's my father...I don't know what to do, he's fallen ill and mother won't leave his side." my eyes widened at the terrible news and i spoke up "How d-did this happen? a..are they alright?!"

"Only time will tell..please don't get worried i'm sure they wouldn't want you to be." I blushed at those worse, it would be a lie to tell myself that I have fallen for a man i've never seen. "My father told me something i never thought would've happened." he told me about how he was adopted by Odin right after he befriended the Jotuns and frost giants.

"It makes me wonder why you've never stepped out of this room, are you afraid of my father or the outside world?" this made me shiver since this made me realize what he was trying to say. I quietly stood up and backed away from the door.

"Are you afraid of me?"

"N..No! why would I?"

"(Y/N) as now king and ruler of Asgard I demand an answer. " he vacantly said which only made me feel nervous and scared for myself. The door busted open and I backed away till I hit the wall and quickly i pulled my hood up.

"(Y/N)" I heard him and his steps getting closer, i looked away and held down my hood frightened by how he'll look at me now. "Take that hood off." i didnt make a move so he closer and his cold hands touched mine and he reluctantly took my hood off and I closed my eyes and looked away.

Loki didn't say or make a move so when he didnt,frightened i looked up to see him for the first time, he's tall,he's pale, has raven hair, and his outfit consists of the colors,green,black and gold, his eyes are a mixture of green and blue. I couldn't help but stare at them, i found myself blushing from how cute he is and the embarrassment of him seeing me.

"Aren't you afraid i'm a monster?" i gritted my teeth and fought back the tears as i told him those words. I was pulled into a hug and I stayed still wondering why he suddenly hugged me "You're even more prettier than I thought you'd be."

"Huh?"

He pulled back but still held onto my shoulders, "Knowing that you're also a Jotun makes me feel less insecure..father was wrong about us being monsters.." i raised an eyebrow and realized that a tear escaped his eye,his pale skin now turned to a light blue color and his green eyes red.

"I never thought I would meet another Jotun..never in my life did it occurred to me that you'd be one." my eyes became watery and without a second thought I wrapped my arms around Loki and held him close, i guess their are some good people in this cold dark world, i'm so glad I met Loki, if it weren't for him i would've continued hating myself