Reading-Loki Laufeyson

"You're one of the best gardeners in Asgard, (Y/N). So I am sure you will do a marvelous job at planting the roses." I bow at Frigga and smile at her when I stood up straight. "T

ank you very much my queen, i'll plant the best flowers for your garden." without another word I begin collecting some dirt and moving some aside to begin planting some differently colored flowers around the garden and near the fountain, but I was planning on planting some more roses since there aren't many and the queen will be delighted to see.

Not many in the castle come over to the gardens only Frigga and her younger son Loki who occasionally spends his time here reading,in his room or the library. Sometimes I would sneak behind a few bushes just to admire him from afar since i'm too shy to talk to him, we've exchanged a few words but nothing like a real conversation.

I began to water the dirt and began planting some more at other locations and knelt down on the ground and began to plant some roses. I was planting them when I heard a low voice close to where I was and realized it was Loki's voice.

"To be, or not to be: that is the question:

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,

And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;

No more; and by a sleep to say we end

The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks

That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation

Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;

To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;

For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,

Must give us pause: there's the respect

That makes calamity of so long life;

For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,

The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,

The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,

The insolence of office and the spurns

That patient merit of the unworthy takes,

When he himself might his quietus make

With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear,

To grunt and sweat under a weary life,

But that the dread of something after death,

The undiscover'd country from whose bourn

No traveller returns, puzzles the will

And makes us rather bear those ills we have

Than fly to others that we know not of?

Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;

And thus the native hue of resolution

Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,

And enterprises of great pith and moment

With this regard their currents turn awry,

And lose the name of action.--Soft you now!

The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy orisons

Be all my sins remember'd!"

I didn't recognized the lines of whatever book Loki was reading but it was fascinating to hear him reading it and I loved it. So I continued my routine everyday and when I was finished I would sit near the window and hear him read, the queen almost caught me once but Thor did and thought I was resting so he was oblivious that I like his brother.

I rested my head against the wall and closed my eyes listening to the story when all of the sudden it stopped and I thought to myself that his mother probably called him or that he was done reading for the day. So i got on my knees and peeked inside only to meet Loki's face which made me let out a tiny scream as I fell back to the dirty ground careful to not fall on top of the fully now grown flowers.

"My prince! You s-scared me." quickly i stand up and bow to him.

"There's no need to bow."

I look to him and see him smiling at me, those green eyes staring into my dark ones. I felt myself blushing, "You're the one who has been planting those lovely flowers?" "Yes my prince.."

"Please call me by my name,Loki."

"Okay..Loki.."

Loki got closer to the window and stared at me while closing his book with his free hand, "My family and I are about to have dinner, i'd like you attend as well if it's alright with you-"

"(Y/N)"

"(Y/N). So what do you say?" he asks still staring at me.

"I would l-love to Loki..but I can't go dressed in these rags." I tell him staring down at my dirty dress. "I'll have some maids fetch you one." Loki smiles and in less than a minute two maids came and helped me get into a beautiful dress. I stared at myself in the mirror and I didn't recognized myself at first, i looked so different.

After dinner Loki and I walked side by side to the gardens. "You've done an impressing job with these flowers (Y/N), i love them especially these roses you planted near the window." I shyly smile at him and thank Loki.

"(Y/N) there's no need to hide the fact that you've been spying on me." i stopped in my tracks and Loki also stopped and smiled at me. "I'm so sorry-" "I'm not upset by it, in fact it's amusing. To know a girl like you also finds me and my reading impressive, it makes me happy knowing there's someone waiting for me." Loki takes both my hands.

"I'm sorry I n-never talked to you before, it's all weird now getting to know each other like this." Loki chuckles. "I agree it's odd but i'm glad .i had the chance to talk to you as well, how about we head to the library and read together?"

I nod my head and we headed to the library with our hands locked together.