Chapter 2.

"Choi Heun"

Papa?

"my lovely daughter.... I'm sorry it's because of me that your mother left us.. If I could've had a more payable job.. If I was more competent then maybe..." he said.

"no papa.. It's fine.. I have my papa after all" it's my voice from when I was a child.. What's happening?

Ah.. It's a dream...

"Heun-na, I want you to give your hundred percent in everything so that when you look back you won't regret it.. Be it job or relationships"

"yes papa"

"That's my girl" he patted softly on my head.
I could still feel the warmth of his palm.

"most importantly, my haeun should live a long and happy life"

"yes, father" I beamed while we both chucked.

Long and happy life huh?.. Sorry papa.. I was just about to reach the peak of my career and eternal happiness when I got hit by a truck.. So I couldn't live a long, happy life just like how you wished..

But why does death feel so warm, comfortable and fuzzy..

I opened my eyes and blinked to see..

I'm in a room.. It looks like a luxurious room in a hotel.. There's no way that this is a hospital.. The bed feels so soft.. And what's in my hand is.. Posion?

I threw it away.. And got up from the bed...

I went around and found a mirror..

Red hair like blazing sun, dark blue eyes which reflect the deep ocean.. It can't be.. Who is this??!!

Ack! My head is ringing!.. What are these?
Dreams??..No.. This is this body's memories.

"Salvarina Salvair!" a man with golden hair and golden eyes called..

"I think we should end this.. Our engagement I mean" The man said.

"Oh, is it because of me your highness" A girl with pink hair and green eyes asked.

Wow. This feels like deja vu.

I can feel the anger and pain of this body.

"Why your highness??.. I behaved like a proper fiancé.. I trained hard to be by your side and be your wife!.." this body is screaming her emotions are twisted.

"That's exactly the reason. Your love. I can't feel it. You train hard to be the crown princess and the future empress but who I want is a wife and you're not suitable for it. I found someone who I truly love" the man said glaring at her.

"Oh your highness. Don't say that. You are breaking her heart" the girl with pink hair said.

"Oh mirabel, you are too kind. You even care about her who bullied you" he replied.

I can feel it.. The pent up frustration, anger.
It's all rising.. This body's heart feels heavy.

I ran away.. With tears in my eyes.. With an overwhelming heart.. I really feel bad for this person..

Wait.. Wait..the scene is changing.. Huh?.. Why am I in the bedroom?.. Wait..I have poison in my hand.. No!! Don't drink it!!.. I don't wanna die again!! Nooo!.. Everything turned black..

"my-mylady"

I snapped out of it..

I saw a young her.. Probably in her teens.. She was wearing a Maid costume.. Her name is Mary.. I guess?

"Are you alright lady salvair" she asked trembling.

Hmmm.

"I'm alright. Why are you here?"

"I came for your morning preparations"

"There's no need for that. You can leave"

"pardon? But you have to keep this etiquette. You also have to train to be the crown princess. Lady umberdale is waiting in the living room. You should quickly finish your morning preparations and head there"

"That's enough. I'm no longer the prince's fiancé"

"Pardon! Mylady how's that -"

"I said leave"

She left without questioning anything.. She's too scared for that..

I sat down near a desk.. Took out a sheet of paper..

Salvarina salvair.. Mirabel.. Who are they?..

I know this name.. I read it somewhere but I can't remember it..

Ah.

The three blossoms of spring or was it four blossoms?.. These are the characters in that book.. So.. I'm sure that Salvarina is the villainess then mirabel?.. She's the heroin..

Mirabel melody.. Born as the Barron's daughter.. Known as the flower of the Rultaz empire.. It is said that her voice is so beautiful that it can even summon angels.. This is the information I got from Salvarina's memories..

But I can't remember a single thing from the book.. I read it when I was in high school..

But oh well.. I twisted the paper.. And threw it in the bin..

There's no use of remembering it either.

There's one thing that I'm sure of.. Salvarina's role as the Villainess and as the stepping stone to their true love has ended and she was supposed to die..

But unfortunately I possessed her body..

So... It's my new life.. Which I will live to the fullest.. Like how my papa wanted.. I'm gonna live a long, healthy and happy life..

And I don't care about those blossoms or about this world. The only thing I care about is my life and how I'm gonna live this life.

"Um.. Mylady.. Can I come in?" Mary asked with her shallow voice hidden behind the door.

"What is it now?" I asked annoyed.

"The Duke has summoned you" she replied meekly.

Vincent Salvair has?

All of a sudden?.. The Duke isn't someone who had affections for his daughter.. From Salvarina's memories, her father tried to keep the image of the Duke and also gave her anything she wished for in return she was to keep the role of the Duke's daughter perfectly.

The Duke managed the duchy and its businesses whereas Salvarina managed the social circle and the duchy's image.

The only time they'll be seeing each other is on Wednesday morning during the breakfast and Friday night during the dinner. Two times a week isn't so bad.

For him to call me now.. He probably got the news of breaking the engagement..

"Mary! Begin the morning preparations"

I'll just face him head on.

                                  ♠️
Author's note : So guys, it's my first time writing a villainess trope also I'm new in this field. I'm not much of a writer and I'm lacking in a lot of ways. So I apologize in advance for any of the grammatical errors.

PS :Grammar cops please don't sue me!

I know I'm being dramatic. Lol.