Chapter 11.

"You got to be kidding me" I murmured while staring at the worm.

"So, human how about we form a contract?"it asked again gleefully.

I was in a complete trance.. A worm?

A freaking worm?

This can't be!

" I am positive that I summoned the demon lord but how on earth are you here?"I asked in confusion.

"The demon lord?" he looked at me confused but somehow I found his behavior really adorable

"pft - BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" Did the worm just laugh at me?

"Seriously, humans are so dumb" it spoke then began to laugh again.

"What do you mean?" I glared at it annoyed.

"look here human, if you want to summon the demon lord you need plenty and I mean plenty of mana"

"Yes well I do have plenty -"

"pft - HAHAHAHAHAHA" I was cut off by it's annoying laugh.

This worm sure is cocky.

"You done laughing?" I said looking irritated.

"Yes. Ahem. So human, I don't know how you came to the conclusion that you have plenty of mana but the truth is you have mana just below average"

And my pride as a reincarnator was shattered then and there.

"......."

For a moment none of us said anything.

Wait. Salvarina didn't have mana at all if I have a bit of it even if it's below average it's a good thing.

I took a deep breath and looked at the worm below me. I must say it's quite cute. It's the first time in my two lives that I found a worm cute.

"So, what are you exactly?" I asked it while crouching down.

"Ahem. I am one of the first grade level monsters. The name of our species is Meniferocious weenie. We may look like worms but we are monsters. I hope to -"

"Weenie? Pft seriously?" I couldn't hold it in especially when it was speaking with high dignity.

"Hey that's our species name stop commenting on it!" The worm started wiggling around and huffing.

"Alright alright. So you are from the lowest ranks right?"

"Yes, with your level of mana even I am quite rare"

"You don't have to mock me like that" I just poked it.

"Then let's form a contract" it said with gleaming eyes.

"You see.. I want someone to protect me" I said while avoiding its gleeful gaze.

"Yes I know that. That's what spirits or monsters do, protect their masters"

"Yes well.. Are you sure that you can protect me?" I looked at it with a soft smile.

"Of course! I'll protect you with my life" The worm said while jumping up and down.

Why is it so cute!

"Alright then let's form a contract" I said. It's better than nothing.

"Alright but before that may I know my contractor's name?"

"Ah right. My name is Salvarina Salvair" I said.