Chapter 31.

A/N: The image give above is the Archmage, father of Elixir and Cesar, Duke Michaelesto Aeluin Vakaracia.

Cesar's pov:

Why isn't she coming back? I didn't even throw her that high.

I looked at the night sky in the hopes of seeing her. It's been almost three hours since I have been standing here.

It's weird. Salvarina has been acting weird as of lately. I never knew her but I know for a fact that she isn't someone who giggles and laughs like that. She's someone who upholds her dignity and pride and considers showing emotions as a sign of weakness.

Her change of character is astounding. Is it because of the sudden shock from annulment that she's acting like this?or is it something else?

I remembered the little conversation that we had.

"I know you love her but that doesn't give you any excuse to stalk her." Salvarina said with her eyes glistening like the deep ocean.

"The least I can do is protect her by staying by her side" I replied.

"Uh huh.of course you can do it ....Or how about moving on with your life.you know finding more about yourself and exploring the world, achieving your goals and living a life" She spoke out.

Can I really move on? It feels like my whole world is spinning around Mirabel. I just can't seem to concentrate even on myself. But somehow Salvarina's words gave me hope even though I really don't want to admit it.

Just when I was in deep thought I felt a familiar aura around me. I knew it was him.

I looked ahead and saw the same deep blue eyes glaring at me. I felt a sudden chill down my spine. Elixir, my half brother, he's dangerous.

" Isn't it my little brother? What are you doing here in the middle of the night?"He said his voice clearly had a mocking tone.

"I-I don't have to tell you any of my business. Besides shouldn't you be inside the Vakaracia mansion now? Father's going to get angry with you wandering around." I clenched my fists while he put on a sarcastic smile for my reply.

"I couldn't care less about that old man" He sneered.

I gulped. He's scary. Ever since what had happened years ago I have this huge pang of guilt. I never really got a chance to apologise nor explain myself to him.

"By the way little brother, you should listen this carefully" He walked towards me and whispered slowly in my ears.

"Don't even come near Salvarina anymore. Understood? ....If you do then the Vakaracia duchy might not have a legal heir " He smiled and disappeared quickly.

I fell down on my knees. I was quivering in fear. He looked like a demon!

He hates me. I never should have betrayed him.

Years ago in the Vakaracia mansion ~ (still Cesar's pov)

I never got to experience love. When I was a kid my mother died out of child birth and my father...well he never really was a father. He'd come and go as he pleased. Never really spend time with me much less know me. From when I was a baby, the maids took care of me. I had a nanny as well . Her name was Linda but she's retired now and went back to her village.