Chapter 23.

We were walking around the streets and trying different kinds of food when I heard a screech from somewhere.

I looked around and when I looked at my shoulder I noticed that Iglo was gone.

'Master!!!'

'Iglo where are you?' I started panicking and looking around.

'Look up!'

Huh? I saw a crow taking my precious Iglo away.

How dare that stupid crow!

"Wait there you annoying son of a crow!" I shouted at the top of my lungs gaining strange looks from the passersby.

I chased behind the crow and then I saw it land on someone..

"Abrus, what have you brought along with you?" A man with black raven hair and blue turquoise eyes asked the crow.

The crow then crowed in response.

The man looked at Iglo and then noticed me. He smiled a little and asked "Is this thing yours?"

"Yes.. Can you give it back?" I asked still wary of this man.. He maybe hot and has a good physique and all but no way am I going to keep my guard down around you pretty boy.

He took Iglo from the crow's grasp and tossed him over to me. I caught him and noticed that he was shaking with fear.

'There, there your master's got you...' I said to him and slowly patted him.

"You seem to be quite attached to it" The pretty boy said.

"Ah well yes" I replied rather awkwardly.

"Hmmmm.. Say, have we met before?" He asked with a mischievous smile.

Huh? There's no way that we've met before right?

'Master! It's the guy with blue mana!' Iglo shouted.

The guy who stalked me? The guy whom I threw Mary's favourite tea pot at?

"No..." I said raising my guard up to the Mount Everest.

"Huh? It seems like you forgot me.. Nevermind I hope you'll remember me soon"He said and began to leave.

" Wait a minute-"I was about to stop him but he cut me off.

" Remember me... Heun "He said with a smirk and began walking away

Heun? That's my past name! How does he know that!

" Wait! I said wait! "I screamed and began running after the guy.

He went into an alley and disappeared soon after.

No.. No.. I want to find out how he knew me.. Who is he anyways!.. He's a damn handsome, good looking and hot stalker but how did he know Heun?

I put Iglo back in the sachet and began running aimlessly when I bumped into a kid and fell down. I got up suddenly and put on my hood which had fallen due to the sudden bump.

I noticed the kid who had fallen down as well.

"Hey kid are you alright - huh?" the kid had brown hair and brown eyes and had a centipede tattoo on it's arm.

This kid is definitely one of the those slaves!
Then the slave auction might be happening around here somewhere!

".... Help.. me" the kid said with tears in it's eyes.

"Hey you! Wait there" Two men came running along. They look like slave traders... One had a huge build body while the other was lanky and slim.

"You brat how dare you run away - huh? Who is this woman?" the lanky man said and began to draw his dagger.

I took the kid's arm and muttered which only the kid could hear "I'm sorry"

I drag the kid's arm and threw him towards the two men.

"Just how careless are you two?.. I can't believe your boss hired two knuckleheads like you for this job...Anway stop wasting time, the auction is about to start" I spoke like one of those rich and spoiled noble women.

I'm really sorry kid but I have to get to the bottom of this.. I promise I'll save you..

"Huh then you are?" the huge build man asked but got a whack from the lanky one.

"Can't you see that she's a customer?" the lanky one whispered but I could hear it.

"She's a customer? But I thought she's someone who came to capture us and report us to the knights" the huge build one said.

"I can't believe that you are this dumb, Grug" the lanky one said.

Wow.. Grug actually got it right..

"But isn't it way too suspicious.. She's isn't even wearing a mask, Mug" Grug told the lanky guy whose name is Mug I suppose.

"Is it important to wear a mask? I mean I've already worn a hood also my carriage is parked a long way from here.. I'm afraid I'll be late for the auction" I spoke while narrowing my eyes at them irritated.

"See.. Now can you believe me Grug.. Geez you're just a muscle head" Mug complained.

"Yeah.. Yeah.. Whatever" Grug pouted and looked away.

"Madam, please come this way" Mug said and walked along with the kid while Grug began walking behind me.

"So.. Can you boys give me a spare mask?" I asked. It's dangerous to go inside just by wearing a hood.

"Of course, Madam....... Grug! Give her your mask!" Mug nudged Grug.

"Huh what do you mean? Can't you give her yours?" He retaliated.

"Oi I'm your superior just do what I say" Mug ordered.

Grug grumbled in annoyance and took a pink unicorn mask from his jacket's pocket. He was hesitating to hand it over to me so I just had to snatch it from his hands.

"my... unicorn mask.." Grug muttered with a teary voice.

Awe.. Poor Grug...He's really cute maybe I should buy him a new unicorn mask.. No wait a minute.. He's a freaking slave trader! There's no way that I am going to buy him anything!

The four of us walked towards where the auction is going to take place and on the way Grug and Mug were arguing with each other over stupid things.

..... I hope I can get to the bottom of this.....

           ♠️