Chapter 4.

Hmm.. The back alley seems quite mysterious.. It's like those alleys that we see in a movie where certain crimes take place..

Right now Mary is standing close to me and Sir ballad is by my right side observing every direction.

We told our coachman to stay at the shopping district and now we are walking through the back alley.

There are a lot of beggers here..

I saw a young boy and called him.

"Do you know a someone who's good at craftsmanship?"

"yes"

"Can you tell me where he is?"

"....."

"I'll give you a gold coin"

"Ah - ah.. He lives in a shabby worn out place. You'll get there when you walk straight and turn left right beside a broken pipe"

I gave him the gold coin and we began walking in the direction the boy mentioned.

"mylady, it stinks here" Mary complained.

"Hold on for a while Mary"I replied.

"mylady, can we really trust that boy?"Mary asked.

"we have no other choice"I replied.

"mylady, if you wanted a craftsman then we could've just called someone to the mansion" Mary said tugging the sleeves of my dress.. It feels like she's really scared of this place.

"True. But what I'm asking to make is confidential and I can't trust some high-class craftsman. He'll steal my idea" I replied blatantly.

"Look mylady, the broken pipe the boy mentioned" Sir ballad spoke up.

Sir ballad knocked on the door.

A guy in his 40s came out. He wore plain clothes and had a rugged beard.

"What do you want?" he asked.

"I came here to ask you to make something"I told the man while looking directly into his eyes.

"what is it?" He asked curiously.

"it's a sort of machine" I said.

"a machine? I don't do high stuffs like that" He replied annoyed.

"it's not like that.. Mary! Give me that paper" Mary quickly handed me a paper which was sort of a blue print on ice box.

"Here. Take a look. I want you to make it" I asked again.

"Hmm.. An ice box.. It's not impossible to make it but it'll take some time." He replied still gluing his eyes on my blue print.

"It's alright. I'll supply everything you need. Even the magic ice stone." I said to him while smiling.

"Alright come back after five days" he quickly shut the door.

"Haa.. This guy doesn't have an ounce of manners" Mary retorted.

I patted on Mary's head.

"He has his own reasons" I said.

"Sir ballad let's return" with that we walked back to where the carriage was.

While we were in the carriage ~

"mylady, do you want me to wake her up?" Sir ballad asked.