Chapter 30.

Elixir's pov:

How long has it been since I began to trust someone again?

I looked at the brunette haired girl beside me whining about how tired she is.

"School was exhausting...." She said while resting her head on my shoulder.

"Mmhmm.. I'm glad you survived"I replied while gently patting her head , my eyes still not leaving the page of my book.

Soon she began to ask me about my future plans. Obviously I don't know myself what I'm gonna do. I don't know how long I'll be staying here as well.

"But then what about college​? Aren't you gonna attend college?"  She asked me as curiousity filled her eyes.

"Not really" I replied nonchalantly.

"But you have to have a job to live in this world, Wonwoo. So you must attend college"she was being persistent.

"Hmmm.. That's true.. But it's in this world" I mumbled.

"Anyways Heun, You don't have to worry about me. I'll be working with my uncle. He said he'll be opening a new Japanese restaurant here soon enough" I said smiling while closing my book with a thud.

"I see"  She mumbled.

She opened her bag and took out a book.

"Is it some new fantasy novel?"I inquired. She's been reading too much of those fantasy books lately.

"Yep" She chimmed.

"Hmmm.. Let me guess..A few men chasing around a girl who happens to be the most innocent and pure girl in the kingdom and every woman is jealous of her and thus tries to torment her and that's when her princes come dashing to protect her and she ends up with them.. Happily ever after" I blabbered without stopping in the middle.

"How do you know that?"She  narrowed her eyes and honestly she looked really adorable.

"That's the kind of book that you always read. It's always about some rival love stories" I fake rolled my eyes and chuckled at how she pouted.

"Yeah yeah and it's fun to read. Come on I brought this book for you to read. it's interesting. The book's name is 'four blossoms of spring'" She said while showing off the book with her jazz hands.

"Oooh then it's four men chasing a woman?" I said while inspecting the book by taking it from her hands.

"That is correct . I know you like the books related to monsters and that is why I brought this for you!"She smiled brightly.

Is she really serious? Although it's true that I like monsters but not something straight out of a cliche book rather I'm more into Greek monsters.

"I am serious. Have you heard about the greek monster Cerberus?"

Now that pricked my interest

"Well.. In the climax of this book that monster will appear."

That sounds interesting.

"Really?" I looked at her while she nodded her head proudly.

I flipped the pages and started to read the characters names​ one by one untill it caught my eye. Cesar Vakaracia, second male lead?