Chapter 28.

It was the summer in middleschool when I met him.

Wonwoo..

A cute little boy with brown hair and brown eyes.

After my parent's divorce, I stayed with my father. My mom got married to some rich guy and ditched my papa who was an ice cream seller.My mom even tried to persuade me to move in with her but no. I was more fond of my papa than her. I wasn't that young to realise why she left us.

I loved staying with my papa.We were poor but he did his best to keep me happy and provide me everything he could. Papa used to give me ice cream while I was studying for my exams. It managed to reduce my stress. He took me to nearby parks and sometimes the beach.

We were happy together and then during my summer vacation in middleschool I went to sell ice creams with my papa. He pushed the ice cream cart while I called out for customers.

That time while we were going through a neighborhood to sell ice creams. I noticed a kid staring at the ice cream cart.He was standing under the shade of a tree. It was quite sunny and all the kids came to buy an ice cream except for this one.

'Was he poor just like us? 'was what I had thought at that time.

I ignored him the first day hoping that he'll just go away but he stood there again on the second day. I decided that I'll be buying that kid an ice cream with my savings.

On the second day, I approached the kid who was silently watching us under the tree's shade. He became vigilant once I started to approach him.

As I was about to get closer​....He ran away..

I didn't give up. I don't know why but I'll surely buy that kid an ice cream- is what was going through my head that night.

The third day while we were selling ice creams in the neighborhood. I saw him standing behind the tree and slowly taking a peep once in awhile. This time instead of the ice cream he was staring at me.

I cleaned my fists and asked papa to give me a chocolate bar. I took the chocolate bar in my hand as I slowly trotted towards the kid who now hid his presence completely behind the tree.

I didn't jump in front of him since I didn't want to scare him away like yesterday so I gave him the ice cream while standing at the other side of the tree.

Surprisingly he took it or more like snatched it. I noticed how his brown eyes glowed at the sight of ice cream.

He's cute.

He took a bite of the ice cream while I carefully sneaked my way towards him.

"Did you like it?"I asked while standing beside him.He was shorter than me.

He looked at me and then stared at the ice cream while giving me a quick nod before continuing to eat it.

"I'm Choi Heun, What's your name?"I asked while smiling at the boy.

".. Wonwoo" He mumbled and continued to eat it.

"That's a cute name"I told him as I reached out my hand to pat his head.

He quickly swatted my hand away.

"I'm not a child"He said while glaring at me.

"Yes you are"I said while tilting my head.

"Tch. Thanks for the ice cream" He murmured.

He finished eating the ice cream and was about to go away when I started to follow him.