Chapter 24.

I arrived at the auction house. It was located deep inside the alleyway and was guarded by some thugs. The place looked neat enough for nobles.

Mug whispered something to one of the thugs and they opened the door for us. Grug dragged the kid while I walked in front of them like I owned this place. There were about fifty or maybe sixty chairs but the number of people attending were less or maybe they are late. Whatever it is I decided to take a seat in the third row. I glanced at the kid who was taken away by Grug.

Be patient Salvarina... Be patient. I was chanting inside while trying to analyze my surroundings. I noticed a woman wearing a shiny extravagant red dress which screamed rich. She wasn't wearing a full mask but instead a mask which only covered her eyes and nose. I knew at an instant that she was Marchionness Resevier. Why's she even bothering to wear a mask? Anyone who lives in the Rultaz empire will know at an instant that she is Marchionness Resevier. She's famous for her extravagance.

Just as when I was observing the nobles who came here, a man wearing a black tuxedo came in. He had a violet kerchief neatly displayed at the right side of his chest. He was wearing monocle glasses and had a tail coat. He had a bushy mustache and thick eyebrows. He was slim and lanky and had an idiotic smile plastered all over his face.

Yep...that's viscount Truffaut. The greatest flip flopper of all time. In front of his majesty he seem to have tremendous loyalty to the throne whereas in front of other nobles he'll start bickering about the monarch.

The viscount was exchanging a few words with one of the thugs and he walked towards the stage and fixed his voice a bit before welcoming us.

"Greetings ladies and gentlemen!.... Today I'll be presenting you the best products we have in stock.. Hope they'll suit your taste!" the viscount spoke.

He then gestured one of the thugs who nodded back at him. After their interactions a few kids appeared on the stage. These buffoons are selling kids like some ornaments!

" We have the best products here.. As you can witness their qualities yourselves... Now for the first product the bidding price will be two hundred silver coins!" the viscount announced while showing a sly smile.

This fxking piece of trash.

Driven by pure rage I raised my signboard.

" Aha! Number 22 takes the first bidding. Anyone else? "Truffaut asked his eyes scanning across the room.

Thankfully no one raised their signboards. Maybe they are still warming up. Whatever it is I'm going to buy all the slaves here and free them!

" Alright now for the second bidding - "

Before he could finish I raised my signboard
"one thousand gold coins for all" I spoke up not wanting to waste a moment to give them freedom.

Murmurs can be heard but my eyes were locked on the sly bastard. He was grinning and opened his mouth to say "sold"

The nobles seemed to get annoyed at my purchase but nah they didn't dare to confront me probably because of the huge amount I just declared.

"For next we have men along with women ranging from the age fifteen to twenty five" He announced and a group of people in shackles appeared on the stage.

This caused an uproar among the nobles as they all began to observe and judge each and every one of them. The nobles were all looking forward to this one.

Disgusting scumbags.

"The bidding begins at two hundred gol-"

"twenty thousand gold coins" I lifted up my signboard obviously annoyed at these worthless scums.