Chapter 26.

The morning came and I was asked to have breakfast with my father, the Duke before he leaves for the imperial palace.

I was sitting in front of the vanity table as I saw my reflection in the mirror. I just took a bath and water droplets were sliding down my wet hair while I was thinking about all the events that took place yesterday. My mind was in a gutter. I can't believe what all happened yesterday!

I met the trash prince, found my stalker and lastly slave trading!

I was shaking my head with both hands.

Were these kinds of things mentioned in the book? Crap. I don't even remember any of the plot! If only I could read that novel again...

"Mylady, let me soak your hair" Mary came with a towel and dried my hair. Her face was like a tomato since this morning. Does she have any fever?

"Mary, are you not feeling well?"

"Huh?. No, mylady I'm completely fine" "she replied while still looking quite flustered.

Hmmm? Is it because of Sir Rufus?

Fufufufufu ~~my ship is sailing after all~~

"Ah! I forgot to tell you this, mylady. I heard a few maids gossiping about what happened in the town yesterday" Mary said with a smile plastered on her face.

What's this about? Is it about me?

I was curious and urged her to tell me what it was.

"Mylady, yesterday the crown prince and Lady melody were seen in the marketplace but you should know what happened next" Mary said with excitement and sparkling eyes.

"What happened next,Mary?" I asked while feigning innocence.

"The public went frenzy and everyone threw rotten vegetables at the crown prince" Mary said while chuckling.

I remembered the scene and couldn't contain my laughter as well.

"Apparently mylady, the media already captured photographs of the scene and was published this morning in the newspaper"

"What! Really??!! I must go and buy all the newspapers now itself. I'll cut his humiliated photograph and frame it while keeping it as a family heirloom. Mwahahahahaha" I laughed.

"Well.. About that mylady, the newspapers were already burned down by the imperial knights" Mary said while pouting.

F*ck his royal blood.

I huffed and suddenly remembered my stalker that I had met yesterday in the capital... That guy with blue eyes. He seems oddly familiar. In this empire only Vakaracia dukedom possess those deep blue eyes. He must be someone associated with that dukedom. But then again he knew me! Not the Salvarina me but the past me!

He must be someone I knew who died and got transmigrated here. Then it must be.. my papa?. I remember my papa died due to a car accident so that pretty boy is my papa? No no... I'm overthinking this. How can papa be in this book? Think about it Salvarina the only thing papa used to read was a boring newspaper. That's right he might be in his afterlife now.

Then who is that pretty stalker! Agh!

"Mylady, the Duke is waiting for you" Mary said.

"I'll be on my way then" I rose up from my seat and smiled at Mary.

"While I am away Mary, inform Sir Ballad about father's departure in the morning and ask him to escort father personally" I smiled and winked at Mary who's jaw was about to touch the floor.