Chapter 39.

*Rumble*

Lightning was flashing behind me as I was sitting in my office in the Chrysanthemum trading house.

There were a lot of papers neatly stacked on my desk. I have been neglecting my work here far too long. it's time to get back to work.

The sound of rain drops falling outside my office gave me a calm feeling along with the tea placed on my right side provided the perfect ambience for me to concentrate.

I analysed the papers before me and smirked.

This much work is nothing compared to what I had to endure as Choi Heun.

Another flash of lightning was seen.

Two hours into my work I decided to take a break and focus on the investigation.

I took the papers submitted by Mr John along with Max regarding the investigation.

My eyebrows furrowed.

There's no improvement in the investigation either!

No clues. No evidences.

Only a single lead and that is Marquis Leiber.

Even with the help of Salvair knights there's nothing that could be found.

I asked my people to investigate it personally still there's no improvement.

I sighed and took a quill and a paper.

There's no other way. I must take things into my own hands.

I began to jolt down on the paper.

The most suspicious people right now are Xenoc, The Archmage (Elixir and Cesar's father) and the one controlling the black market (the hidden figure).

Could it be that one of them is behind the rebellion?

Marquis Leiber is at the front but even he's just a puppet or a collateral. There's someone powerful enough to summon a monster like Cerberus.

But who?

And above all we still don't know where they are hiding that monster.

The mission right now is to prevent the monster attack and the rebellion. The rest we can figure out later.

According to the novel the monster attack occurs a few months later the hunting festival.

Also I found out the reason as to why Ronin Castria wasn't able to attend the imperial banquet.

Ronin along with other knights was send over to the forests where hunting festival is supposed to take place.

Hunting festival is usually hoisted at spring season and Ronin wasn't supposed to go to the forest before the festival.

Nothing is connecting at all.

I got cranky and drank the whole cup of tea in one gulp.

Thunder began to crackle along with the flashes of lightning.

Above all else I still haven't figured out my weapon.....

Silence filled the room. Nothing but the pitter patter of rain was heard.

*Knock* *Knock*

Faint knocking was heard from the door. The sound of thunder made it almost impossible for me to decipher the knocking sound from the door.