Chapter 36.

A/N: Slight drama ahead!

I gazed at the passing trees through the windows of my carriage.

There's still some time before we reach the imperial palace. I thought while gazing outside.

"I hope you have a plan" Father said looking at me while narrowing his eyes probably trying to figure out what I'm thinking. "Dealing with those old geezers I mean" He added.

"Fret not father, I have planned everything well. I assure you that I won't measly drag our Salvair name" I assured him while smiling brightly at him.

"It's not the Salvair name I'm worried about... If someone tries to disrespect you just remember their names I'll take care of it " Father said with a dangerous glint in his eyes.

Woah. Calm down papa bear!

"Don't worry father. I'll take care of it. Afterall as the next Duchess I have to show them the power of the Salvair House " I said with a mischievous grin .

He looked a bit startled at my response and returned my same mischievous grin.

"By the way your attire looks spendid. It matches perfectly with mine"He complimented while averting his eyes from mine.

He's really an adorable tsundere!

"Thank you, father." I smiled at this and turned my gaze outside the window again.

••••••••••••••••••••♪•••••••••••••••••••••••

Finally!

We reached the imperial palace. I looked at it still amazed and in awe. It looks amazing! No matter how many times I visit this place I'll always be in awe.

Light from the sun perfectly reflected on all the golden statues and decorations. The sunlight hit on all the perfectly aligned marbles making it glistening like a dewdrop.

Ah... I somehow have this weird impulse to lick those marbles just so I can know it's taste.

The carriage which carried father and I arrived at the entrance of the imperial palace. The wide number of stairs greeted me as I exited the carriage taking father's hand in tow.

We slowly ascended the stairs and made our way to the ballroom.

It's showtime!

Both me and father stood infront of the gigantic door to the ballroom waiting for our names to be announced.

" Stand proud like a Salvair" Father said while standing beside me.

"Yes father" I replied determined while raising my chin ready to tackle all the obstacles in my way.

The ballroom is like a battlefield where the words we speak resemble the swords we weild in the battlefield.

I can't wait to make it bloody.

An evil smirk made it's way to my face as I noticed the doors slowly opening revealing the battlefield. Blindening light came through the door as I made a step forward with father at my left side.

And the games begun...

"Duke Vincent Salvair and lady Salvarina Salvair of the Salvair duchy in the West!" The announcement was heard loud and clear.

A lot of murmuring sounds were heard as both father and I descended down the stairs hand in hand.

I took each step elegantly looking straight ahead as my face wore an indifferent expression just like my father's.