Chapter 12.

I was sitting in the dinning room with my father. Both of us were too focused on eating that neither of us spouted a word. There was nothing but the sound of cutlery clanging.

The food is really good.. As expected of our chef..

After the dishes were aligned on the table father dismissed all the servants as now it's just the two of us here.

"Salvarina" Father spoke which caused me to flinch.

"Yes father"

"Have you thought about marriage?"

"Well for now I'd rather focus on my business"

"I see.. Then perhaps what do you think about inheriting my title?" Father spoke.

I freeze at his words and thought about it...

To inherit his title meaning to become the duchess of Salvair duchy. It's quite a tempting offer. Of course the work load will increase but I'm quite used to it. Also I can avoid getting married!

It's a good offer right?

After calculating all pros and cons I finally spoke up.

"yes, I would like to" I said facing him.

Father smiled and continued to speak.

"Now when that's settled... I will take care of your training and other formalities" He said while slowly taking a sip from the wine in his glass.

"Is the training necessary though?.. I mean I've been training to be the empress for the past ten years so.." I spoke while thinking about it.

"Well... If you have to be the duchess Salvair then you have to go through a specific training for it... Don't worry too much about it as you've said you've already trained to be the empress so there's nothing additional except the 'serving part'" Father said while emphasizing the last part.

"You would have to serve the next emperor" He said annoyed.

Welp. That's a problem. I'd have to serve that trash. From all the rumors and from my own insight that guy is not at all a good ruler. He's a shit prince. Slacking off all the time especially since he met the heroine. He's been ditching all of the necessary work on to Salvarina. Wanna know why?.. Cause all the secretaries assigned to him quit due to the work pressure.

I swear if he were to push all of his work on to me again I'm gonna make him cry.

"I'll handle it father" I spoke just as annoyed as him.

"His Majesty has actually sent you a fair amount as ransom" Father said after a pause.

"That's good" I wonder what took him so long though.. It's almost been two months since the annulment.

"Also, he has asked for an audience with you" father said abruptly.

Wait.. What!

"Why so suddenly?"

"He has something to discuss with you"

With me?... The emperor?

From Salvarina's memories I don't remember much about the emperor. They didn't visit frequently or anything just a few ordinary banquets. His face too its kinda blurry. The description about him is too vague.

"Do you perhaps know what it is, father?"

"There have been reports of slavery occurring in our empire. It seems that he wants to discuss about that"