Chapter 37.

I turned around to see the person tapped on my shoulder to see the raven haired boy standing there with a smile while his blue jewelled eyes were shining brightly.

"Elixir?" I asked surprised.

"Yes it's me" He answered inching closer to me while tapping on my forehead.

"I thought you weren't gonna-"My words were cut off by him.

"Surprise?"He said while awkwardly smiling. "By the way your attire looks great. It's a pity that I was looking forward to see you in a dress" He said looking a bit dejected.

"There's always a next time" I said and continued saying that "you look amazing as well. I didn't know you could dress so formally"

He was wearing a Black vest over a blue shirt and had sapphires on his vest.

"Of course. Since I had to impress my lady" He whispered gently as I blushed a little.

This idiot! He never misses a chance to tease me!

"Your identity is hidden then how did you get in here?" I asked changing the topic.

"Oh that... I stole my brother's invitation card" He said slyly.

"Eh? Are you sure it's going to be okay?"I sweatdropped.

"Of course it's going to be okay! You don't have to worry about it." He said while waving me off..

Before I could say anything I noticed that most of the nobles were eyeing us. Crap! They're gonna suspect his identity.

I quickly tugged on his sleeves and dragged him to a corner while leaving my chocolate cake on the table.

Sorry cake I'll be back.

I can't drag him to the balcony since that'll raise more suspicions.

"Listen, Elixir if you stole Cesar's invitation card then he won't be able to appear and you know this is one of the important events of the book" I whisper yelled at him.

"Rina, it's going to be alright. You know that he doesn't have much of a role here afterall all that prick ever does is stalk that cotton candy and nothing else" He simply shrugged while grinning.

Is he serious right now? Wait cotton candy?

"Did you just call Mirabel cotton candy?" I asked while raising a brow.

"Why? Are you jealous?"He asked smirking.

"Wha- No!" I almost shouted and then regained my composure.

"Anyways, how did you clear your identity? You couldn't possibly get in by saying that you're Cesar"  I asked suspiciously.

"That is... actually I told them I'm a proxy of the duke from the Vakaracia house " He said smiling brightly.

You can easily get a clearing with those eyes since only members of the Vakaracia house has such glistening blue eyes.

"So,Duke Vakaracia won't be appearing? " I inquired.

"No, apparently he's cooped up in that magic tower of his" He said while rolling his eyes.

I sighed and decided to shrug it off.

"Did you see all the characters?" He asked me while looking around.

"No. Mirabel and Alexander are supposed to arrive last and as for the rest Cesar won't be able to come" I said clearly hinting at him to which he smirked. "Now about Ronin, he's nowhere to be seen." I said looking around to catch a glimpse of the white haired male.