Chapter 16.

WARNING CRINGE ⚠

Mirabel's pov :

I remember the first time I came to the capital. I was filled with excitement...

My new life..

I used to live with my mother in the countryside. We were poor but we were happy.

Then suddenly my mother fell ill and that was when she told me that she used to be a maid in the Baron's household and I'm his daughter.

My mother died due to sickness and I was all alone.

And that was when my father, the Baron came. He said he was searching for me and my mother but it was too late for she had already gone. He then decided to take me in and give me a good life which he couldn't give to my mother.

He's a really good father. He cares about me genuinely.

When I was at the capital I attended a lot of tea parties. It was really fun and all of the nobles were interested in my life story. But what interested me the most is the queen of the high society... the crown princess, Lady Salvarina Salvair..

I saw her at a few parties since due to my low ranks I couldn't attend much of the parties hosted by the higher ups.

Every time I saw her, her blue eyes seems to draw me in. She looked like a doll. She was known as the perfect lady. Unlike me who was clumsy and innocent, she was mature and.. Perfect.

I idolized her.. How I really wanted to be friends with her...

Everytime I managed to talk to her I will get swept away by the crowds of people who wanted to get close to her. Then one day, I decided to befriend her no matter what. We both arrived at the coming of age ceremony of his highness the crown prince.

With my sheer determination I walked towards her.. Again, I got swept away by the huge swarms of people. I stumbled back and was about to fall when someone caught me.

It was his highness the crown prince!

Prince Alexander Von Rultaz!

"I apologize you're highness!" I quickly removed his grasp and apologized while bowing my head.

Suddenly I caught everyone's attention?

" It's fine but are you alright?.. Please raise your head and let me check -"

Just as he was saying I raised my head and looked at him smiling. He stopped mid sentence and he gasped.

Is something on my face?.. I thought at that moment.

As he was staring at me...I noticed his face.. He had golden eyes that was as bright like the morning sun and golden hair that resembles his eyes. He was really handsome.

"you're highness, you've finally arrived" someone's voice broke us from our trance.

As I turned to see who it was.. It was Lady Salvair. Her face remained neutral. It's like we can't tell whether she's happy to meet the crown prince or if she's mad.

I did a greeting and bowed quickly. Since it hasn't been long for I had started to practice etiquette my greeting was sloppy. I was embarrassed by my own greeting when I heard his highness mumble

"cute" while looking at me amused.

My cheeks were burning red by his highness's remark..