Chapter 38.

"Here enters, his highness the crown prince, Alexander Von Rultaz and her highness,the crown princess, Mirabel Melody" all the nobles stopped talking and continued to stare at the descending couple.

Many more slanders were heard among the murmurs since it is the first time that a Baron's daughter is becoming the crown princess. The gossips involving me is much less compared to her.This is a real challenge for her.

She would have to walk past them with a straight face. She isn't allowed to show any sort of emotions. An indifferent and domineering face,that is what a ruler should have.

I glanced at them. Alex was doing a good job in keeping his stoic expression but Mirabel on the other hand. Her hands and legs were trembling a bit still she was doing a good job in concealing it. Her shaking legs never made her lose a step. I'm proud of her for holding on.

I didn't realise that I was letting out a small smile on my face until I made eye contact with Alexander. His expression remained the same but his eyes held slight resentment while glancing at me.

I ignored him and walked towards the table where my chocolate cake was waiting for me impatiently.

Elixir tugged on my side as both of us made our way to the food court.

Upon reaching there I found out that the chocolate cake that I had abandoned there was nowhere to be seen.

"Elixir, it's gone..."I whispered in dismay.

Who the hell kidnapped my precious chocolate cake huh? I'll go home and put a curse on that person!

"Don't worry,Rina." He patted my head  "Here...Eat this" He said while passing me a plate of chocolate cake.

I sighed and began to munch on it.

Both of us emerged ourselves in the food present there.

"I don't usually eat like this but free food always seems delicious somehow"Elixir said while stuffing a muffin in his mouth and licking it's crumbs on his lips.

"Now, that I can totally relate"I replied while nudging him with my elbow.

In the middle of our savouring another announcement was made.

I bet it's the emperor.

"Now presenting...His majesty, Emperor Reynold Remere Rultaz!" The sound echoed loud through the whole ballroom as all the nobles stopped and bowed their head.

Soon both of us followed per suit.

While the emperor was descending down the stairs a lot of murmurs were heard.

The dilf- *cough* I mean emperor doesn't have much of the aristocratic favor with him. Guess why?...*cough* trashprince *cough*

All the prominent nobles are supposed to gather here but Marquis Leiber chose not to yet instead sent his daughter here. His dislike towards monarchy is evident although I hope father has found some clue.

His majesty made his way to the throne at the end of the ballroom while Alexander and Mirabel stood at the lower side of the staircase towards the throne.

Emperor Reynold was adorned in golden and white attire similiar to his son but in addition to the prince's attire his majesty had an awesome red cape behind him.

He looks like Superman except he's not muscular but lanky.

It's almost time!

I looked around and saw the musicians at the far end of the ballroom.