Chapter 18.

The heroine thanked the villainess. I thought while giggling in the carriage on the way to home.

"Why are you giggling like that master?"Iglo asked.

" It's nothing ~"I replied nonchalantly when suddenly it hit me.

From Salvarina's memories Mirabel seemed like a seductress but as a reader I can't seem to see it. Even now when I saw her she looked like a naive girl. How could someone as naive as her know how to seduce someone?

I think I finally got what's going on.. It's all about perception!.. From Salvarina's perception Mirabel is the villainess whereas from Mirabel's perception Salvarina is the villainess.

I nodded while agreeing to my brain cells.

"Couldn't it be that this Mirabel girl is a two faced seductress?" Suddenly a voice spoke out.

"No it can't be-"

"Wait a minute.. Iglo! Did you just read my mind!" I glanced at Iglo who was on the windowsill of the carriage.

"Yes well I was curios as to what you were thinking master"

"Still you can't just read my mind like that!.. Besides that why didn't you tell me this beforehand that you have the ability to read minds?"

"That's cause I thought you knew it since both of our minds are connected.."Iglo stated and after a pause he continued  "Geez master, you don't even know the basics of magic and summoning"

"Hey!.. Are you disrespecting your master now?" I asked while narrowing my eyes at him. I mean it's true that I didn't know the basics of magic and summoning but he didn't have to call me out like that.

"Nope, I'm just telling the truth ya know?" By saying this he winked at me.

"Sometimes I wonder where you got such cocky attitude from..."

"From you master!" Iglo spoke with a proud face.

"What do you mean from me?"

"Well because of the contract our souls are connected which allows me to take some of my master's personality traits" Iglo said to which I nodded my head.

"I see.. I see.. Wait a minute then are you saying that I'm cocky? "

"..... Maybe?..."

"............."

*flick*

'What the.....master come back! I'm kidding! Don't kick me out of the carriage'

'This is what you get for getting on my nerves you annoying vermin Mwahahahaha'

'I know you'll summon me back master so I'll just wait here'

'You do realise that you're in the wild right?'

'Yes and I'm a monster so of course nothing will harm me'

'But you're a worm to other creatures dwelling in the wild.. So beware of them.. Especially the crows!'

'Hahaha.. Master you're kidding right?'

'........'

'Master?'

'........'

'Master!'

After bullyin- ahem I mean teaching my Iglo some respect I summoned him back in the carriage.

'you know it's weird that I never get tired of summoning and unsummoning you eventhough I have very little mana inside me'

'Maybe it's because of your strange mana master?'

'Strange mana?'

'Geez master you don't even know about your mana' Iglo shook his head in disapproval.

'Alright.. Alright.. Mr mana genius care to explain?'

'Well you see Master mana is usually gold in color but you have a tint of blue mana residing in you as well'

'you mean I have a mixture of blue and gold mana'

'yes it seems so.. That's one of the reasons why I chose to form a contract with you Master'

'Hmmm.. Is that so?.. Then what was the other reason'

'I was bored' Iglo blatantly said.

Wow even monsters can be bored huh?

After we reached the mansion I jumped onto my bed.

"I'm really tired ~" I said while trying to take a nap.

"My lady please change your clothing before sleeping" Mary said.

I'm too tired to get up from the bed... But why does Mary's complexion look weird?.. She looks quite tired..

"Also a letter from the Falcon trading house arrived" She added.

I sat up straight and moved my body to my desk where the said letter was placed.

I saw the black covering of the letter.. Indeed it was emitting a villainious aura....

I soon opened the letter and checked the contents.

[I don't know what you're talking about.

PS you're annoying ]

I read what was supposed to be called a letter but instead it looked more like an insult note than a letter and I tore it up the next second..

Annoying? I'm the one that's annoying?.. Says the one who literally stalks me in the middle of the night-

Hold on a second.. He just said he didn't know what I was talking about.. Then it wasn't him who stalked me the other night...From what I've known Xenoc might be a psychopath but he's not a liar.

My face went pale at the thought of another creepy stalker stalking me in the middle of the night.

Great now I have another crazy lunatic to deal with.

'Master, whoever was that had some sort of connection to you.. Considering your special mana'

Could that person have something to do with my arrival in this world?..

Nah I'm probably overthinking it.. My head soon started to ache due to my nonstop overthinking ability.

Maybe I should ask Mary for some tea.. Her tea relieves my head ache after all..
And then I looked at Mary who was busy arranging my bed.
I approached Mary and asked her for some tea when I noticed that her face looked haggard..

"Mary, is something wrong -" before I could finish what I was saying.. Mary collapsed into my arms.

"Mary!" I called her but she was unconscious. Her forehead was burning hot. She had a high fever. No wonder she looked tired.

What should I do?.. Why are things happening like this?... Is it because of me?... Is it because of how I tried to mess with the plot?.. Is it because of -

"Master! Snap out of it!" Just as when I was processing my train of thoughts Iglo called me.

"Yes you're right this isn't the time to think of such things.. Let's help Mary now"

I tried to lift Mary up and brought her to my bed. After pulling the blanket around her I ran out to call the other maids for help.

If this is all because of me I swear I won't meddle with the plot ever again...so please don't let anything happen to Mary.

                                  ♣️