Chapter 20.

Back to Salvarina's pov:

It's night time and I was sitting beside Mary who was still unconscious. The doctor said that she has high fever and she needs some rest. He gave her the medicine and now here I am waiting for her to wake up.

The cause of the fever is still unknown.. I asked the doctor and he told me that the reason can be anything.. It may be due to fatigue or even the weather. I'm scared if the plot is striking back.

Just when I was deep in my thoughts..

"I.. hope the.. prince.. rots.. in hell.." I heard Mary mumble.

I glanced over at her. Just what kind of dream is she having?

"Mary?" I called her and she opened her eyes.

".. my.. lady..?" She spoke with sore throat.

I went and fetch a glass a of water for her.
I made her sit up and drink it.

"How are you feeling now?" I asked her.

"I'm fine sorry for troubling you mylady"

I shook my head and said "you always take good care of me Mary so of course I should do the same as well"

"But of course mylady it's my duty after all" She defended.

"I've seen other maids who aren't as dutiful as you, Mary so I know you do this just not because of your sense of duty"

She smiled and I asked her to get some more rest. With that I left the room and went towards my bed chambers.

Mary recovered the next morning and resumed her work while I nagged her to rest for a while which she obeyed nevertheless.
As for me well.. I have a lot of papers and documents which needs to be signed.. These are from the trading house.. There's even a report from the information guild..

Truthfully speaking the guild has improved a lot over the past few months..It doesn't need any more funds from the Salvair duchy as I found crystal mines all over the kingdom.

It was quite easy, the land which people treated as barren and waste land had unimaginable crystals beneath it and I found it with my immense geographical knowledge. I know it's the real Salvarina's knowledge but then again I found it!

A lot of people are also employed in the mine field as well.. The empire's per capita income is rising along with other economical conditions. I'm proud as a citizen and I hope I made the real Salvarina happy cause she really did care about the people and not just about that dimwit prince.

I've never been this busy even in my past life!

"I'm exhausted ~" I said while flipping my head back and forth.

...I should get an assistant after all...

I noticed Mary and Iglo giggle. I glanced over to see what they were doing.

Mary and Iglo were sitting on the couch and reading books.

"Just what kind of books are you reading that even got my little worm hooked up?" I said teasing Iglo.

"Master, I've told you not to call me a worm before!" Iglo wiggled and squealed.

Mary and I chuckled at Iglo's cuteness.

"We were reading the new volume of the novel 'Passionate love'" Mary said.

Wait.. Why is that name so strangely familiar?... Ah right! It's the same book that I found in the duke's study.