Chapter 8.

We are currently at the ice cream parlour..

Mr John introduced me to a few people. I signed a contract with them and also gave them the recipe of making ice-cream.

It's been a week since we opened the ice cream parlour and it's going great.. Of course at first a lot of people cried and we had to bring a lot of tissue boxes but now it's all good.. Everyone got used to ice-cream and they are loving it..

But there is still a problem since there are a lot of people rushing in, one store isn't enough.. So I decided to open one more ice-cream parlour in the capital.. Of course I used money from selling the ice boxes to buy this store.

I also instructed them to experiment with flavors and create new varieties of ice-creams.

"mylady, how's the decorations?" Mary asked me. She's in charge of designing after all.

"it's great" This new ice cream parlour is for lovers.. A good romantic spot for blooming their love and for filling my pockets..

"Let's go and visit Mr John"I declared.

"Mr John!"

"Yes mylady" He replied quickly as I entered.

"Have you finished the order I gave you?"

"You mean the huge ice boxes with wheels?"

"yes"

"It's all ready, mylady"

"Great, I've already paid  the money in advance"

"Pardon, but mylady this shop belongs to you then why -"

"It's the money for your hardwork" I cut him off.

"Ah. Thank you mylady" He hesitated..I know that he respects me a lot but he has a lot of debts so he should accept it without hesitating besides he deserves it for his hardwork.

"Great then I'll be going"I left just like that.

I have a lot of things to do... I don't think I can ever get rid of this habit of mine.. Being a workaholic that is..

After we reached the residence I announced a meeting with the Salvair knights.

"Listen, I'm going to give you a task" I proclaimed with an authoritative tone.

"It's nothing special.. I want you to go to the back alley of the shopping district where there is a lot of beggars and give each a gold coin and ask them to come meet me tomorrow at the basement.. "

They exchanged glances at each other.. Everyone looked confused.. They were unwilling to do this except for -

" Alright mylady! "Rufus shouted.

Everyone followed this trend.

The knights still don't respect me enough.. It's not their fault though.. I mean who would ask their knights to bring in a bunch of beggars to the basement where imprisonment and torture takes place..

That night I was rearranging my thoughts..
The crown prince... Prince Alexander Von Rultaz .. He's such a piece of trash.. Why can't he do anything regarding the conditions of the citizens? .. All he does is run around like a love sick puppy. He makes me sick.
I hope I never meet him... Or else I'll beat that guy to pulp..
I wonder where the story has reached now?
Did Mirabel broke the archmage' s son's heart?.. Or the imperial general's son's heart?..I kind of want to see the story unfold though...

Nah.. If I went there to see the story, they might just kill me.. I was a character who was destined to die.. So..my presence will affect the story.. It might be better if I stay out of the story now.. Let the story unfold on its own..

"Ah. Shit" I woked up late because I was awake until late night pondering on useless stuffs..

I quickly did my morning preparations and made my way to the basement.

All of the beggars were scared.. Still, they all showed up..

The sound of mice running and water droplets falling is vivid.. The basement really is a creepy place.

I stood at the front and addressed them.

"You all must be wondering why I called you here" They looked at each other. Some of them even gulped.

"I called you here to hire you"

They were wonder struck.

"Who would want to hire beggars like us?" said the man with a rugged face.

"Me." I said.

"I Salvarina Salvair, will hire you"

There was a complete silence spread all over.
Even the knights were astounded.

"Why do you want to hire us? We are completely useless"

"No. You didn't choose this way of living. All of you had to. Most of this people were living a decent life not too long ago. You got fired from your previous jobs and ended up taking this job. You are not at fault here. The lack of employment opportunities is at fault. "

Everyone was struck.

After a thin wall of silence." and you are not useless " I said.

They all had a gloomy face.. A face I didn't know what they meant.. Is it really sadness or regret?..

" We accept any job the lady gives us "
Everyone noded and cheered in agreement.

"The job is simple. You'll be paid twenty silver cents per day" it is a pretty decent amount.

"And the chrysanthemum trading house will be in charge of you all"

"You'll be given an ice-cream cart.. A box with wheels which you can push around.. You'll be selling ice-creams to children with two cents per ice-cream and at the end of the day when you go back to the trading house you'll be given your pay when you give them the money that you got "

This was only the one side of the coin. The other side was collecting information.. We can open an information centre by making use of them..

Everyone liked their new job. The knights were confused wondering what relationship I had with the chrysanthemum trading house.
I didn't took the effort to explain myself to them since they didn't took the courage to ask me.

Our trading house is going to be quite the competition for the falcon trading house. Still I don't care. Why?. Cause I have an upper card over them.. An ace..

                               ♠️