Chapter 44

It has only been an hour since Melody was born and I am already in love

It has only been an hour since Melody was born and I am already in love. After Ariel finished breast feeding, and I helped her lay down to get some rest since she was exhausted. I held Melody in my arms and couldn't stop staring at her.

After looking at her for a few minutes her eyes opened. They were bright blue like her mothers, she had her nose, but had my darker skin tone and dark head of hair. She was breath taking.

"My little Melody. You my sweet girl already have daddy wrapped around your finger just like your mother does. I promise to be the best father I can be to you. To love you, comfort you, protect you from everything and anyone who tries and hurts you. Daddy loves you so much already little Melody." I say placed my forehead against hers and giving it a kiss.

After a few hours she started getting hungry and Ariel was just waking up. I handed her over to Ariel and she started nursing her. I watched in amazement of my wife taking care of our baby.

"This is the most beautiful I have seen you Ariel. So natural and feeding our puppy. You are so perfect and so is she." I tell her kissing the side of her head while watching Melody put herself into a milk coma.

"She's so small." Ariel says.

"I know. Everyone is going to want to see her soon." I tell her.

"Yeah I figured, I just want a few more minutes just of our little family."

After another 20 minutes of spending time of just the three of us I got up out of bed.

"Alright I'll go down and warn the guys. Do you want to come down? Or them come to you?" I asked.

"I'll come down to you. Just give me a few minutes okay?" She asks.

"Of course." I say kissing her head.

As I walked out of the room, I had a stupid grin across my face. My wife is happy and healing and our puppy is here. It couldn't get better than that! When I get to the living room I see everyone waiting for us. They all see me and stand up.

"When can we see her?" Embry asked

"Yeah when can we?" Jared says excitedly.

"Calm down guys. She's coming down soon." I say with a chuckle.

Not much longer Ariel starts coming downstairs. Melody is wrapped up in a cute pink blanket and cooing. Uhg my heart. She's so perfect.

The guys stand up when they see her. Emily and Hercules are the first to go and see Melody.
"Oh Ariel she's gorgeous. What's her name?" Emily asks.

"Melody Amora Uley" I tell them. 

"She will make a great princess" Hercules says.

Next was Jared and he turned to straight a puppy seeing her. He was making funny faces and noises at her. It was cracking me up seeing such a strong hard headed group of wolves turn to straight puppies seeing another pup. But I can't say much I did too.