Chapter 49

The next morning, after spending the shittiest birthday of his life, Taehyung woke up with a terrible neck pain. Well, maybe it's due to the fact that
he slept while sitting down on the chair inside of Jungkook's bedroom. Jay left last night to sleep at his loft since it's in the castle anyway. Whereas, Suzy left for God knows where.

Taehyung was so damn lost in his thought that he didn't notice Jungkook shifting quietly on the bed.

It was only when a croaky voice came from the Alpha's bed that Taehyung realised that Jungkook already woke up.

"T-tae-" Jungkook's hoarse voice filled the room.

Taehyung immediately snapped his head towards the Alpha's direction and his heart almost stopped beating once he saw Jungkook stiring in place.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung hurries to stand up and walks towards the Alpha's bedroom.

"P-pup" Jungkook's says faintly that Taehyung could barely hear him.

Tears threatened to fallout of Taehyung's eyelids while his mouth trembles lightly.

"Hey!" Taehyung fakes a smile and immediately takes Jungkook's hand in his. "How are you?"

Jungkook tries to sit but his head feels like it's about to explode.

"Ouch-" he slightly winced in pain and Taehyung quickly makes him lay down correctly.

"Don't move" Taehyung softly says before rushing to take a chair for him to sit down next to the Alpha.

With trembling hands, Taehyung reaches for the chair and sit down on it. His heart is still clenching, vision blurry as he's about to break down at any moment.

"H-h-urts" Jungkook stuttered.

His whole body is fucking aching him and he can't even feel his legs.

"I know" Taehyung mumbles, lips shivering because he's just so close to crying. "I'm so sorry"

Taehyung pated Jungkook's hand gently before kissing it gently.

As it is difficult for him to utter any further words, Jungkook just shakes his head lightly, still careful not to make his head sting even more.

"I'm so fucking sorry" Taehyung repeats, now the tears that he tried to hold, roll down his puffy cheeks. "I'm so sorry Jungkook. All of this-" Taehyung breathes to take a look at the Alpha's state. "It's my fault" he whispers this last sentence.

"N-no" were the only thing that Jungkook could utter out. His tongue is so dull that he can't speak correctly.

His inner self is fighting him to take the Omega in his arms and kiss his tears away. However, his body doesn't let him do so. He's completely weak that he can not even move his own hands to caress Taehyung's cheeks.

"It is" Taehyung hums quietly. "All of this is because of my selfishness, right? If i wasn't so stubborn about our relationship then you would have accepted Mr Kim's offer. Our pack would be safe and-" Taehyung hiccups before adding "you wouldn't go to this fucking war"

The war! Jungkook suddenly remembered the last image of him and his remaining soldiers fighting until the very last end. Until Jungkook stabbed a rogue in the chest and then- everything went black.

'What happened? Why am I here? Did the war end? Did we win? Are we safe?' Jungkook screams in his head.

However, "War" was the only words that came out of his mouth.

"Yes, the war" Taehyung wipes his tears away and scoffs weakly. "The fucking war is the reason why you're like this. Why didn't you listen to your father? Why? Why didn't you listen to Soyeon when they told you that you're going to fucking get hurt? Why didn't I-"