Untitled Part 29

After nearly three months, Gu Shen returned to the small county town again.

Compared with the drastic development of S City, it seems that there has not been much change in the small county.

Everyone's life is still slow, and most of the time is in the factory/unit and at home.

But now the supplies are basically open for supply, and there are many more stalls and hawkers on the streets, and everyone's life is not as tight as it was in the 1960s and 1970s.

Gu Shen got off the train and went straight to the household registration department of the local police station.

Because there is a reception in S City, and the procedures are complete, it does not take much effort to complete it.

After completing the main purpose of this trip, Gu Shen went back to Gu's house.

Gu Gaotian and Tan Chunhong were not at home. They might have gone to work. The two old men had a big tone, so he would probably have a closed door when they went there.

After thinking about it, Gu Shen went directly to his elder brother Gu Kang's house.

After visiting Gu Kang's house, Gu Shen made a detour to Li Yumei's house.

Li Yumei's family lives in the family courtyard of the county porcelain factory.

Today is a working day, and there are not many idle people in the family home.

Because Jiang Juncai's father is the director of a porcelain factory, their housing conditions are also very good. They don't need to squeeze a narrow package, but find a piece of land on the inner side of the family's courtyard, and build a few rooms separately. Bungalow with yard.

When Gu Shen was approaching the yard, he heard the cry of a child inside, his face changed, and he walked over quickly.

Pushing open the open courtyard door, Gu Shen saw Jiang Mo sitting on the ground crying at a glance.

Gu Shen strode up to Jiang Mo and pulled her up. Seeing a big swollen lump on her forehead, his heart sank, and he asked, "Little Mo, where are your parents?"

Jiang Mo cried out of breath. Breathing out, he stretched his finger to a door.

There was a faint movement in the door.

Gu Shen first picked up Jiang Mo and put it on a chair in the courtyard, walked towards the door Jiang Mo was pointing at, patted the door with his big palm, and shouted, "Eldest sister, are you here? Is it?"

The movement inside stopped for a moment, and after a while, the door was opened, and it was Jiang Juncai who came out.

Jiang Juncai was not tall, with puffy eyes and an unpleasant smell of alcohol on his body.

Seeing the tall Gu Shen standing at the door, Jiang Juncai narrowed his eyes, and after recognizing who it was, he didn't say hello, and was about to walk over.

Gu Shen saw all kinds of things in the room that were thrown to the ground, and held back his anger and pressed his shoulders: "Did you do it?"

Jiang Juncai's body froze, and his vain steps stopped. There was

a hint of guilt on his face at first, and then a vicious look appeared on his face. He broke away Gu Shen's hand on his shoulder and scolded, "What's your business?"

He stopped, clenched his fist and punched him in the face. He sneered, "Isn't it reasonable for you to hit a woman?"

Jiang Juncai was originally a poor physical fitness, but Gu Shen's punch directly made him retreat. Take a few steps and hit the wall.

The pain in his right cheek made Jiang Juncai wake up a bit. He touched the numb corner of his mouth with his fingers, and then spat out a mouthful of blood, scolding, "Fuck you—"

Gu Shen was not relieved, stepped forward, a Grabbing his collar, he sneered, "What the hell happened to me?"

Jiang Juncai was provoked, but under the pressure of strength, he couldn't resist.

At this time, messy footsteps came from the room, and another person walked out, it was Li Yumei.

"Gu Shen." Li Yumei called out to Gu Shen.

Gu Shen heard that Li Yumei came out, and let go of Jiang Juncai's collar.

Jiang Jun was free. After glaring at Gu Shen fiercely, he looked back at Li Yumei and left angrily.

When Jiang Mo saw her mother come out, she immediately ran to her crying.

Li Yumei hugged her daughter, looked at her forehead distressedly, and asked with red eyes, "Xiao Mo, does it hurt?"

Jiang Mo cried and shook her head, hugging Li Yumei even tighter.

Gu Shen also came over, his eyes fell on Li Yumei's red and swollen face.

Li Yumei also noticed, and in a panic, she grabbed her hair to cover her face.

After coaxing Jiang Mo softly, she helped back the chair that had been kicked down in the yard. She said at a loss, "Why did you come here? Is Xiao Lan back?"

Gu Shen shook his head: "She If I didn't come, I'll come back alone to do something."

After speaking, both of them were silent.

After thinking about it, Gu Shen still couldn't hold back and said, "Eldest sister, does he often do this? You... There's no need to endure it all the time."

Gu Shen despises men who beat women the most, and also Knowing this kind of thing, the less you resist, the more the other party thinks you are easy to bully.

But Li Yumei was obviously a person who wouldn't resist. Thinking of the picture she just saw, Gu Shen's brows furrowed a little.

When Li Yumei heard this, she lowered her eyes and did not speak.

Another moment of silence.

Although she is a relative, as an outsider, Gu Shen can't take care of it too much, and if Li Yumei doesn't stand up by herself, others can't help her even if they want to.

After thinking about it, Gu Shen took out a pen and paper and wrote a line of address and phone number.

The address is the address of their new home, and the phone is the landline installed in the new home.

"This is Xiaolan's address and phone number. Xiaolan welcomes you here." Gu Shen handed over the paper.

Li Yumei was stunned when she saw the address above. She remembered that Li Yulan had clearly said that she was going to the provincial capital... Li Yumei was not a stupid person, and she quickly guessed something, so she didn't ask any further questions.

Gu Shen thought of something. After taking the paper back, he added another address, but this address belongs to the county seat.

"This is the home of a friend of mine. If you need it, you can also go to him." Gu Shen said again.

Li Yumei moved her lips, and finally asked, "Xiao Lan, is she okay?"

"She's fine." Gu Shen sighed, feeling that compared to his wife, the aunt in front of her was even better. Worrying.

"She's worried about you." Gu Shen finally said.

...

Gu Shen was worried about Li Yulan's mother and son in S City, and was in a hurry to catch the train back, so she didn't stay here for long with Li Yumei.

And it's useless for him to stay here, I just hope Li Yumei can figure it out by herself.

But before going to the train station, Gu Shen went to find a friend and asked him to take care of Li Yumei.

The rest is out of his control.

After Gu Shen left, Li Yumei put medicine on Jiang Mo's forehead. After coaxing her to sleep, she numbly cleaned up the wound on her body.

Looking at the note on the table, Li Yumei's eyes turned red.

It's good that she also has a sister who misses her.

Li Yumei wiped her tears and heard the courtyard door being pushed open again.

She trembled at first, and looked over in a little panic, it was Wang Yinlian who walked in.

Seeing her mother, Li Yumei raised a trace of anticipation in her heart.

But soon, Wang Yinlian shattered her faint expectation.

"Xiaomei, I heard that I saw Gu Shen coming back? Did he come here to look for you?" Wang Yinlian asked loudly.

Li Yumei did not speak.

"Where did that dead girl Gu Shen and Xiaolan go? I heard from those who came back from the provincial capital before, but I haven't seen them before?" Wang Yinlian continued, a look of suspicion flashed on her face. , "Could it be that they lied to me?"

Li Yumei squeezed the note in her hand and lowered her eyes.

Seeing that Li Yumei didn't speak up, Wang Yinlian also thought that Gu Shen didn't come here and was about to leave without any interest.

Unexpectedly, Li Yumei suddenly grabbed her.

"Do you have anything else to do?" Wang Yinlian was a little impatient.

Li Yumei reached out and pinned the hair scattered on her cheeks behind her ears, revealing her swollen cheeks. At the same time, she rolled up her sleeves again, revealing the blue and purple scars on her arms.

"Mom, Jiang Juncai did this." Li Yumei said in a hoarse voice.

Wang Yinlian's eyes widened when she saw it, she grabbed her hand and cursed: "Jiang Juncai, the one who killed Qiandao, why is he so serious!"

"No, we must seek justice from their family for this matter!" Wang Yinlian said angrily.

Hearing Wang Yinlian say this, Li Yumei finally summoned up a little courage.

"Mom, I want to divorce Jiang Juncai."

"What?!" Wang Yinlian raised her voice, shook off Li Yumei's hand, glared at Li Yumei and said, "What nonsense are you talking about, why are you getting divorced, you are going to die of anger. Me?"

"Mom, I really can't get along with him. Not only did he beat me, he also beat Xiaomo..." Li Yumei's eyes turned red when she mentioned her daughter.

"Which man doesn't beat his wife and children? I don't think I've heard of divorce!" Wang Yinlian's face turned cold, "Look for yourself, how many divorces are there in our county? Where do you put your face? Don't look for trouble for me!"

Hearing Wang Yinlian's words, Li Yumei's blood cooled down.

"Okay, don't mention divorce, this is something the Jiang family did inappropriately, I will help you get justice." Wang Yinlian comforted Li Yumei in a soft voice.

Divorce loss of face is one reason. Another reason is that although the Jiang family is not as good as before, the camel is bigger than the horse, so it is impossible for Wang Yinlian to give up this "camel"!

After comforting Li Yumei casually, Wang Yinlian hurried back home.

Li Yumei looked at her back and showed a sad and self-deprecating smile.

You already knew that, didn't you? She should never expect anything from her family, should she?

In the evening, Wang Yinlian took the Li family to the door aggressively.

Li Yumei looked blankly at Wang Yinlian and Jiang Juncai's mother fighting like two old hens, and the two families accused each other.

Said to seek justice for her, but no one gave her half a glance.

Wang Yinlian used her daughter to be scattered by domestic violence and wanted to seek benefits from the Jiang family. Jiang Juncai's mother did not show weakness, and kept saying that Li Yumei could not give birth to a son, so what happened to the man who beat him?

Li Yumei watched all this indifferently, covered Jiang Mo's ears and took her back to the room.

I don't know how long the quarrel outside, maybe Wang Yinlian finally got the benefit and left with satisfaction.

Jiang Juncai pushed the door in with anger.

Li Yumei was lying on the bed with her back to him, pinching the sheets with her white fingers.

"Did you tell your mother about it?" Jiang Juncai accused, "Are you satisfied with the trouble now?"

Li Yumei froze and did not speak.

Jiang Juncai has sobered up at this moment, thinking of what he did today, he also has a little regret.

Seeing Li Yumei in a resisting posture, his voice softened, and he continued: "I did something wrong today. After I drank, I couldn't control it, and people outside said that about me, I really am. I can't get mad..."

But I couldn't get mad, so I used alcohol to vent my anger on my wife and daughter.

"Xiaomei, I'm sorry, this is the last time." Jiang Jun said softly, "I will definitely not be like this in the future, you know, I love you, I really love you."

Hearing this, Li Yumei Just feel sick.

Jiang Juncai didn't know how many times he had said this.

After the first violence ended, Jiang Juncai also said such a confession. At that time, Li Yumei believed and believed that he could change.

But what? With the first time, there will be a second time, and there will be countless times.

Jiang Juncai saw that Li Yumei still didn't speak, sat on the bed and reached out to support her stiff shoulders.

Li Yumei's body trembled, she twisted her shoulders, and broke free from his hand.

Fortunately, Jiang Juncai didn't do anything else at this moment. He lay down beside Li Yumei and didn't plan to do anything.

Li Yumei still faced him sideways, hot tears streaming down her eyes.

Through blurry tears, she stared at the crack in the wall under the window, where there was a note that she had stuffed into it.