Chpt 26: The Sharma Sisters

"Right now?!" i exclaimed. "Yes, i left the Sharma's on their own to come fetch you so i would suggest you hurry up!" Lady Danbury said. I looked at Emma who pushed me up the stairs.

I grabbed all my nice dresses and some books. As i was about to leave, i stopped as i saw my painting supplies on my desk. I haven't painted in over a year. I had no inspiration. I always said "i paint things that wanted to be painted" but since Beth passed, everything seems bleak and bland.

I hesitated but decided not to take my art supplies. I hopped down the stairs and i saw Emma with a bright smile on her face. "You look immensely more cheerful than you were last time you left" Emma said taking my bag.

"Well, now i know what i'm dealing with. And, i won't be on my own" i said. Emma became concerned as she saw my smile fade. "What?" Emma questioned. "Do... Do you think they will like me?" i asked. "Who? The family Lady Danbury's sponsoring?" Emma asked.

I nodded my head. "Of course they'll like you, they'd be fools not to! And, Lady Danbury happened to mention that the family has quite a rebellious past, so you'll be sure to like them" Emma said reassuringly as she put her arm in mine.

As we made our way out to the carriage, i put my bag in the back and turned around to face Emma. "Will you be alright on you own? I feel as if... As if i am abandoning you" i said looking down at the ground.

"Abandoning me? You could never! Just, please take care of yourself. And if anything happens or you want to come home, you call for me immediately and i'll come to get you, alright?" Emma said worriedly. I chuckled lightly and nodded my head. I embraced her tightly and then made my way into the carriage.

"Wait!" Emma exclaimed. I saw Emma run inside and she ran back out with a small leather bag. "You almost forgot your art supplies, just incase you know, you find some inspiration" Emma said with a cheeky smirk. I rolled my eyes and took the bag from her.

As we left the farm, i felt a wave of tranquility come over me. This time was not like the last. I was glad to finally leave the dreary old farm. Even though i did feel bad for leaving Emma, i promised myself i would make more of an effort to see her.

When we arrived at Lady Danbury's house, it felt as if i had never left. The house looked the exact same. A smile crept onto my face as Lady Danbury put her arm in mine and we made our way inside.

"Now, you will be staying in the same room as you were last time and the Sharmas will be staying in the rooms next to yours" Lady Danbury said guiding me into the drawing room.

When we got inside, i saw two women standing in front of the fire place. The young girl had white blossoms in her neat hair, a pink, gorgeous gown and i noticed that she was standing up straight. The woman next to her is who i presumed to be her mother.

"Lady Mary" Lady Danbury said announcing her presence. "Lady Danbury, oh how delightful it is to see you" the woman said with a bright smile. "And you must be Miss Bennet. Lady Danbury wrote lots of nice things about you" the woman said.

"After all these years! You look well" Lady Danbury exclaimed. "Allow me to introduce my youngest, Miss Edwina Sharma" the woman said. Edwina took a bow. "A true pleasure, Lady Danbury. I am so grateful for your hospitality. And Miss Bennet, it's lovely to make your acquaintance" Edwina said with a soft smile.

"And you Miss Sharma. I must say your hair is stunning" i replied. "Now, i was expecting another?" Lady Danbury questioned. "Yes my eldest... Kate" Lady Mary said awkwardly looking at Edwina.

"Well, she did get off the ship with you last night, did she not?" Lady Danbury asked jokingly with an awkward laugh.

"Apologies, i hope i did not keep you waiting long. The gardens here are so lovely After such a lengthy journey, i found that i wanted some freshness and morning air. But uh... I am here now" Kate said walking through the door.