Chpt 35: Apologies And Secret Affairs

That night, Kate and i talked all night. Not about important topics, just random stuff. As the sun rose, Kate got up and stretched. "I better get back before Edwina wakes up" she said. I nodded my head.

"My apologies if i kept you awake" she said. "Not at all. My sister, Beth, would usually keep me up during storms too" i replied. "Your sister? She is the one who passed?" she asked. I nodded my head slowly.

"You talk about her a lot... You must miss her" she said with a sad smile. "Everyday" i replied. "Well, i would have loved to meet her" Kate said. I let out a sad chuckle. "She would have loved you" i said with a bittersweet smile.

Kate smiled back as she walked towards the door. "Oh and Juliet?" Kate said before she left. "Yes?" i said.

"Thank you for trusting me with your secret. It must be hard to keep that from Ben-" Kate began to say but was cut off by me awkwardly laughing.

"Yes of course Kate, now, i better get some sleep so... I'll see you later?" i said urging her to leave the room. "Of course, i'll see you after" she said closing the door. I let out a sigh of relief.

Suddenly, Benedict head popped out from underneath the bed. He looked furious. I put my hand over my mouth to cover my laughter. "I have been under there... All night... All. Night!" he exclaimed.

I could not keep my laugh in anymore. "I'm glad you find it so amusing" he said sarcastically. "That's the last time i'm ever visiting your bedroom again". I raised my eyebrows.

He rolled his eyes and he climbed into the bed next to me. "You know that's not true" i said with a smile. Benedict rolled his eyes and laughed. He embraced me as we just laid there in silence.

"You miss her a lot don't you" he said. I stayed quiet. "I believe my sister misses her as well". I turned to him. "She does?" i questioned. Benedict nodded his head. It clicked in my head maybe that was why she was avoiding me.

"Hey... What was Kate talking about before she left?" Benedict questioned. My heart dropped. "What?" i questioned back with laughter. Benedict gave me a look of judgment.

"What are you hiding from me?" he asked with a grin. "I don't know what your talking about" i said shrugging my shoulders. "Well you obviously do, you've gone all awkward and tense. Come on, tell me!" he begged.

"I really don't know what she was talking about!" i exclaimed. Benedict raised his eyebrows and scoffed. "Fine... Don't tell me... I'll just find out myself" he said. I let out an awkward chuckle as i played with my fingers.

I saw Benedict's eyes begin to close from tiredness. I wanted him to stay, i really did, but people would soon be waking up. "Hey, don't fall asleep on me now. You have to get going before Lady Danbury sees you and has a heart attack" i said.

Benedict groaned. "But i just got cozy. You know, a whole night laying on the floor isn't as comfortable as you'd think" he said. I rolled my eyes as i got out of bed. "Get up!" i said pulling the sheets off of him.

He scoffed as he finally got up. "So, i'll see you at the ball later?" he said. "You shall" i said with a grin.

Benedict smirked as he leaned in and and kissed me before he left. As i laid back in bed, i just smiled to myself. Everything was finally coming together.

A couple of hours later, the whole ton came to Aubrey Hall for the Bridgertons family ball. Sometimes, when i see everyone in their luxurious dresses, dancing in the fancy balls, i think of my life back home.

Two years ago, i would never have dreamed of having a life like this. But i was enjoying it. For more reasons than one.

As Kate, Edwina, Lady Mary and i walked down into the crowd, Anthony made his way over to greet Miss Edwina immediately. "Miss Edwina, might i have your first dance?" he asked. "Certainly my lord".