Chpt 36: Secrets And No Answers

The next day, we were all on our way back home to London. I haven't spoken to Kate since everything i had witnessed last night. I don't know what to say to her. It isn't my place to tell Edwina, but Kate must tell her what is happening.

We all made our way outside to say goodbye to the Bridgerton family and thank them for letting us stay. As we were making our way to the carriage, i saw Edwina trying to keep a brave face.

"I am sorry things did not go as planned, Miss Edwina" i said. "It's okay... We all did everything we could have done. The viscounts feelings are clearly not there for me. Perhaps they are elsewhere" she said looking down at the ground.

I looked to Kate who wouldn't dare to make eye contact with me. "Miss Sharma!" i heard a voice call out from behind us. We all turned around to see Anthony walking towards us. "May i speak with you?" he asked.

"Of course" Kate replied. "That was meant for Miss Edwina" he said. Kates face dropped. "My lord?" Edwina questioned. Suddenly, Anthony got down on one knee in front of Edwina. He pulled out a gorgeous, small, velvet box with his mother's ring inside.

"Would you marry me?"

Edwina looked at me with her mouth wide open. Her eyes drifted from me to Kate who had a sad look on her face. "Yes. Yes! I shall be your viscountess. I shall marry you!" she exclaimed.

My jaw was on the floor. I tried to give Edwina a happy smile, but it was difficult. I glared at Anthony who just looked at the ground.

This won't end well.

A week has passed, and a lot has happened. The Sharma's have been busy trying to sort out the wedding so i have been quite lonely in Lady Danbury's house.

As much as i love Lady Danbury, she doesn't hide her emotions well. So when i ask her to do any fun activities with me, i can tell by her face that i am bothering her.

All the Bridgertons have also been busy with the wedding. Daphne has went back home to Simon, Eloise is busy with her suitors (which she hates) and Alice is busy with her mystery man.

I called to her house multiple times but she never seems to be there. In happier news, Benedict has gone to art school. He has been staying there so i don't see him as often as i would want.

He hasn't come to visit or written to me since he has been there. He must just be busy with all the painting he is doing.

But i will be seeing home tomorrow... At Anthony and Ediwinas wedding. As much as i am dreading this wedding, i am excited to see him.

Benedict Pov:

"Hello family" Benedict said with a big smirk as he walked into the drawing room. No one stood up to greet him. "Oh, hello sweetie" Lady Bridgerton said as she didn't look up from her book. "It's nice to see you too" he said sarcastically.

"Oh, brother, your back, hello" Anthony said as he walked into the room. "Anthony, darling, you've finally come out of your office!" Lady Bridgerton exclaimed as she stood up to greet him.

"So, Anthony coming out of his office you fuss over, but me coming back from art school you just don't acknowledge me at all" Benedict said. Lady Bridgerton rolled her eyes.

"We'll your not the one who is getting married tomorrow, are you!" she snapped. Benedict laughed. "I've just come out for some food" Anthony said as he grabbed a biscuit.

Lady Bridgerton sighed as she watched Anthony go back to his office. Benedict followed him. "Brother, how are you feeling about tomorrow?" he asked. "I'm excited... Yes" Anthony said unenthusiastically.

"Yes, you seem over the moon" Benedict said sarcastically. He began squirming uncomfortably. "Brother, do you know anything about Miss Bennet's background?" Benedict asked looking at the ground. Anthony looked at him i'm confusion.

"What do you mean?" he questioned. "It's just... I do not know anything about her family or where she came from. Whenever i ask, she changed the subject. You two seem to always be whispering at the balls. I just want to know if you know anything about her?" he said.

"I do not Benedict. Now, i may ask you to leave" Anthony said. Benedict sighed angrily. "I feel as if she is hiding something from me. I do wish to betroth her brother. I do. But i want to know what i'm getting into" he said.

"Why are you asking me, Benedict? Ask her yourself" he mumbled. Benedict scoffed. "You do know, don't you?" he questioned. Anthony bit his tongue. "I do not know what you are talking about."

Benedict leaned over Anthony's desk. "You know what Juliet is hiding. I shall find out. Even if you choose not to help me" he snapped as he stormed out of the room.

Juliets Pov:

"Juliet, wake up! It is my wedding day!" Edwina shouted as she drew my curtains open. I wiped my eyes, trying to wake up. Edwina laid a purple, silk dress on my bed. "Edwina, this is... Beautiful" i said.

"Juliet, i know it is late notice, but i want to ask you something" she said. I sat up in my bed. "Would you be my bridesmaid?" she asked. My face lit up. "Of course i will" i said grabbing Edwina's hand.

"Now, no time to dilly dally. I have to get ready!" she exclaimed walking out of the room. I walked downstairs heading to the kitchen to grab some breakfast. I walked into the kitchen to find it empty.

"Juliet?" i heard a voice say. I turned around to see Emma in a fancy dress, a done up hairdo and light makeup on. She looked unrecognisable. "Emma!" i exclaimed as i pulled her into an embrace.

"How? What? When?" i questioned looking her up and down. "It was Lady Danbury's idea. Apparently she thought it would do you good if i attend this wedding everyone's talking about" she said.

"But what if anyone recognises you?" i asked. "Well, i believe without the raggedy, filthy clothes, no one will recognise me" she said with a soft smile. I sighed happily.

"Well come on then, help me get ready" i said dragging her out of the kitchen. "Have you eaten?" she questioned. "Oh god, you haven't changed a bit, i will eat later just come on" i said dragging her up to my room.

As i got ready, i caught Emma up on everything that has happened. I left out the part where i saw Kate and Anthony almost having relations... I felt she didn't need to know that. Once i was ready, we both made our way into Edwina's room.

We were both in awe when we saw her. She had the most magnificent wedding gown on. She looked as gorgeous as ever. "Miss Edwina, you look-" Emma said but could not find the words.

"Thank you, Miss Emma. It is so pleasant to make your acquaintance" she said with a bow. Emma gave a small bow back. Wealthiness suited her.

Kate was sitting on a chair as she played with her bracelets. Emma and i sat next to her. "Those are beautiful. Where did you get them?" Emma asked. "I brought them here from India" Kate replied.

Emma gave Kate a small smile. "Now, are you ready?" i asked. Edwina took a deep breath in and out as she checked herself in the mirror.

"I believe i am. I am ready to be a viscountess."