Chpt 37: Paper Rings

We took a carriage to the Queens palace. Emma caught my hand tightly as she saw the place. It was even bigger than anyone could have imagined. There were large flowers, peacocks and people everywhere.

We made our way inside as Edwina went with her mother to freshen up. Emma, Kate and i made our way into the large room where the wedding was set to be held. The service looked beautiful.

I looked around the room until i finally spotted Benedict. I dragged Emma towards him. "Mr Bridgerton, i would like you to meet my sister, Miss Emma Bennet" i said. Benedict turned around and gave Emma a small bow.

"Miss Bennet, it's so lovely to meet you. Juliet speaks very fondly of you... When she finally does speak of her life back home" he mumbled. My bright smile began to fade.

"I'm sorry?" i questioned not understanding what he meant. "Nothing... I would like to stay but i believe i should go find my brother" he said as he walked off. Emma gave me a concerned look.

"What was that all about?" she asked. "I don't know" i said as i watched him walk off. I brushed off his rudeness as i showed Emma to her seat. "I'll come back to you the minute the service is over" i said.

"I can handle myself Juliet. Although this is far from the farm, i believe i can keep up this persona for a couple of hours as you have kept it up for weeks" she whispered. I gave her a small smile as i made my way back to Kate.

Lady Mary handed me some flowers as she told me where i must go. "You walk down the aisle and Kate will follow. That is all you must do" she said giving me a small pat on the back. I nodded as i walked up the aisle.

Anthony was standing in front of the priest as i gave him a wink of reassurance. I saw Anthony's eyes began to search the crowd of people who were sitting. His face slightly dropped as he saw Emma. She gave him a small wave as he smiled back.

Even thought there feelings were very much gone, there would always be a friendship.

As Kate walked up the aisle, i saw Anthony's mouth drop. She looked gorgeous, but he was making it very obvious that he was gawking at her.

I coughed causing Anthony to snap out of his daze. Edwina and Lady Mary began walking up the aisle as everyone stood up. Anthony put on a fake smile as he saw her.

I gave Edwina a small smile as my eyes drifted over to Benedict. He was staring straight at the aisle, purposely not looking at me. I sighed slightly. I knew something was wrong.

But right now was not about me. It was about Edwina. I put on a forced grin as i gave her an encouraging nod. Everyone sat back down as the priest began to speak.

"Dearly beloved, we are here in this congregation to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony."

As the priest continued to speak, i saw Anthony's eyes drift between Edwina and Kate. Suddenly, he seemed to be staring at Kate. I gave him a frustrated look but it was of no use. He was in a trance.

"My lord?" the archbishop said. Anthony did not listen. "My lord?" the archbishop said louder. Anthony finally snapped out of his day dream as he looked at the priest. His eyes drifted back to Kate but this time, Edwina noticed.

She looked behind her and had a confused but sorrowful look. Kate began playing with her bracelet as she ignored him. "The archbishop would like you to repeat, my lord, after him" Edwina said.