Chpt 34: Stormy Nights

Around half an hour later, we were all on our way to the woods. I rode behind all the men with Kate who was telling me stories of how she used to go on hunts back in India. Her stories fascinated me because i was always told women can't go on hunts.

"To the right gents!" A man hollered out. "Where are they going?" Kate asked Anthony. "Toward our camp, i believe" Anthony replied. "There are tracks going off to the left. Look" Kate said pointing to small hoof prints in the moss.

"If we go to our camp now we may miss our quarry entirely" Kate said. Anthony rolled his eyes. Before they started bickering, i sped up to catch up with Benedict.

"Are they arguing again?" Benedict asked. "When are they not" i replied. Benedict smiled as we rode on. "Why am i one of the only ladies here?" i asked.

"Well, Miss Edwina insisted that her sister join Anthony for the hunt. Apparently she wants the pair to bond" he said. "Okay... But why am i here. You do realise i've never been on a hunt before" i said.

"Because i wanted you here... I mean... I did not want to face Anthony and Miss Sharma alone now, did i!" he said with an awkward chuckle."Right" i responded as my smile faded.

As we arrived at camp, the men were all bickering about how the stag was no where to be found. "Honestly, what is the big deal about killing a deer?" i asked. "It's.... Well it's.... It's a male sport, i wouldn't expect you to understand" Anthony said irritatedly.

I put my hands up sarcastically in surrender. "Where is Miss Sharma?" Benedict asked. Anthony and i looked around but could not find her.

Anthony groaned. "She must have went on her own. God, this woman will be the cause of my death" he said as he walking into the woods. "Oh god" i said anxiously putting my head in my hands.

What?" Benedict questioned. "Lady Danbury will be furious with me if Kate is harmed" i said. "Calm down! Come on, we'll look for her too" he said guiding me into the woods.

We walked through the woods keeping a sharp eye out for Kate. We walked in silence. "So..." i said trying to start conversation. "So..." he answered.

"Benedict?" i said. "Yes?" he replied. "Why am i actually here?" i asked as i stopped walking. Benedict let out an awkward chuckle. "What do you mean?" he asked. "It's just i feel like you've been acting... Strange since we got here" i said looking at the ground.

"Me? Acting strange? I feel like i'm being quite normal" he said with an awkward smile. "Well whenever i ask you why you brought me on the hunt you do that awkward laugh you always do. So, why am i here?" i questioned. "Benedict stayed quiet.

"If you want to tell me something then do it" i said folding my arms. Benedict sighed. I raised my eyebrows waiting for him to answer. "It's..." Benedict started but cut himself off. "What Benedict?" i exclaimed angrily.

"I can't stay away from you!" he cried out. "What?" i asked in confusion. "After all those horrid things Cressida said to you, i tried to stay out of your way. As much as i could at least but when your around 24/7 with the Sharma's it's grown more difficult" he shouted.

I didn't know what to say. "I think... Maybe... We should just-" Benedict started but i shushed him.

"Don't! If you say "I think we should stay friends" because of useless rumours Cressida spread than don't bother Benedict" i shouted. Benedict shook his head.

"So what... You want to throw all of this away because of Cressida?" i questioned. "I'm not throwing it away because of Cressida i'm throwing it away so you aren't ruined!" he cried out.

I took a step back and scoffed. "Fine" i replied. Benedict angry expression turned into a regret. "Juliet you know i-" Benedict began but was interrupted by voices. "That must be Kate and Anthony" i said coldly walking past him.