Chapter 6

Today I was the first to arrive at the dinning table.

Ya Muhammad was the second to come in with Alina in his arms and Alim was tagging behind them.

Now that I looked at them properly they were  an exact replica of him.

She seemed to be crying about something and from the looks of it he was annoyed.

I greeted him but he didn't hear me over his daughter's loud crying.

He sighed before sitting down, his suit on one arm and his hand holding his bag while his other hand held Alina.

Immediately he sat down she cried louder into his chest as her tears stained his white shirt.

"You're going to school, whether you like it or not"

"Nooo" she said with a muffled voice.

"Please daddy!" She cried.

He forcefully pulled her off him and he placed her on a chair next to him but she was quick to latch unto him again as she screamed louder until he finally let her sit on his lap.

She softly whimpered as she turned to glare at me.

Ha'an??

What did I ever do to this girl?

I kept eye contact with her, accepting her competition.

She got tired before looking away as she continued whimpering and sniffing as she leaned her head on Ya Muhammad's chest, looking at her brother who was seated on the other side of his dad playing with the cutlery.

Their dad ignored us all in the room as he went through his phone.

They were both dressed in their school uniforms, Alina had her long braids tied into a pony tail.

You could still see the tint of red on the tip of her thin nose which wasn't much visible due to her medium tone

Her big brown eyes blinked  as she turned to look at her dad biting her lips, trying to get his attention but he didn't look at her.

They are beautiful children Ma Sha Allah.

It was expected really, their is really handsome and well they look like him.

Did I just say that?

My thoughts were interrupted when Amna walked into the room yawning.

I chuckled at her and she gave me a smile before jokingly pushing me away.

Today was my first day of uni.

Ya Khalifa and Aunty sa'adatu came in a few moments later.

Alina stopped crying after her uncle calmed her down.

They seemed to have a good relationship.

After breakfast the twins left with their dad and the three of us stood up to go to school.

Well the first day wasn't really the first day since I spent it doing registration, after my registration my classes were already over and Ya Khalifa and Amna were still in their classes so I wasted time by walking around to see the campus.

Due to how un fit I am as a person after a 20 minutes walk I was already exhausted so I went to the garden to sit down to wait for them.

I was looking around and on the verge of zoning out when a soft click on the ground caught my attention.

I looked down to see a bright neon green flash a few feet away from me I quickly looked up to see who had passed.

"Um..Excuse me!" I said calling unto the person.