Chapter 8

Aunty saadatu sighed before calling the maids to come clear the table.

I was already counting in my head to leave in the next 10 seconds when she spoke to me.

"Muhammad is very protective of the twins...especially Alim, he's sickle cell, he ends up in the hospital very often and any little thing that causes him to get hurt Muhammad gets really worked up"

My face scrunched up in sadness...poor baby.

"Thankfully Alina isn't, she's AS, Muhammad and their mother Afra Got married despite both of the families objection, they are both AS, Muhammad really loved her, he insisted it had to be her"

She probably saw how curious my expression was "She...passed away when the twins were one year and a few months old, just a year and some months ago"

I pursed my lips, i suddenly felt very sad for Ya Muhammad and especially the twins, explains why they're so attached to him.

"Allah ya ji qan ta" I whispered.

"Ameen"

"I think I know why Alim is so attached to you" she smiled.

"Why?" I asked.

"You remind him of his mom, you two are similar, not even because of your similar facial features but you act alike,quiet and kindhearted, he might not be able to fully remember her but he sees pictures and I believe somehow his little smart mind is connecting something" she said with a chuckle. 

Is that why they were looking at me when Alim sat next to me?

I smiled at her.

She looked at me and she smiled back "you remind us all of her"

I don't know how to take that so I smiled.

Now I guess I kind of know why Ya Muhammad doesn't like me much, I remind him of his late wife?

Who would want that?

———

After my talk with Aunty saadatu i stopped by the twin's room to check up on Alim.

I went in to see Amna pulling the blanket up Alina's body on her bed and on the other side of the room Alim's bed was empty.

Amna saw my expression "Alim? He's in Ya Muhammad's section, he insisted he wanted to sleep with his dad today"

"Ohh..ok" I said ready to turn to go to my room.

"We can go together, I wanted to go see him after I was done laying her down" she said.

"Are you sure I can come along?" I asked.

I needed to know before I go to his section and he doesn't want to see me there.

He barely tolerates me in the main section, how will he act if I'm in his personal space?

She rolled her eyes "of course!"

She turned off the lights before we left the room.

"Is she sleeping alone?" I asked referring to Alina.

"No, her nanny is coming to sleep in the room" she said.

We went out the doors of the house and we walked towards the other building at the right side of the house.

I never wondered what building it was, in fact I never paid attention to it.

It was his chalet.

We entered in and it was quite big, it was four rooms, ya khalifa had one room, Ya Muhammad had the other and there were two other guest rooms.