Chapter 19

I don't know how long I cried for but I cried until I slept.

I didn't even get to remove my makeup and freshen up until I randomly woke up in the middle of the night.

I didn't get to set my alarm before I slept so I had to be woken up in the morning by a loud banging by the door.

I sighed as I sat up on the bed.

Several knocks came on that door last night, a few from Ya Khalifa and Aunty Saadatu and a lot from Amna, but I didn't open it, I wanted to be alone.

I stood up and I opened the door to see Amna on the other side.

She gave me a small smile and I gave her one back.

I was mad at her yesterday but I'm not mad at her anymore, she wasn't the one who said those words to me.

"Can I come in?" She whispered.

I opened the door wider for her and she entered.

She sat down and after a few seconds she sighed before speaking "Manal I am soo sooo sorry for what happened yesterday, if I had known that was going to happen I would have just owned up to my mistake since from the beginning...i was very selfish and I had thought maybe if you had said it was you seeing as he just met you recently he'll let us off the hook..I really really didn't expect him to say such hurtful words and for that I'm very sorry."

I smiled at her "it's fine Amna, I understand, it's ok I've forgiven you."

She smiled back at me before opening her arms "hug?"

I grinned as she jumped on me for a hug.

She sat up after our hug "well mama told me to come get you, so we can have breakfast, she's dragging us along with her to the market, if I'm not mistaken you don't have lectures today, right?"

I nodded before I told her I'll shower she meet her at the dining.

I took my sweet time in the shower because I was dreading meeting Ya Muhammad.

Despite him being lied to, the words he had uttered were just too hurtful, and the way he categorized me and called me deceitful made it so much worse and it was hard for me to let it go.

"But apparently that's how your type are."

"pull up an innocent facade and deceive people with it."

What?

I had to blink back my tears as the water from the shower washed them away, it still stung.

Those words had hurt me the most, why would he say that to me?

First it was telling me to stay away from Alim and now this? Why does he hate me so much?

I finally turn the shower off with a sigh and I walk out of it.

20 minutes later I was dressed in a maxi blue dress with a lighter colored jersey veil wrapped around me.

I tried to calm the beating of my heart as I walked to the dinning.

"Aunty Manal!" An excited Alim called immediately I entered.

This is going to be way harder than I thought.

I froze feeling everyone's gaze on me.

I tried to fix my swollen eyes as much as possibly with my kohl that I rarely wear but it was still very much obvious despite my sleep that I cried my heart out yesterday.