Chapter 38

Today was my first proper day at..um this house.

I had a class at 9:30 and the twins had to be out of the house by 7:30, so I woke up at 6.

I went down to the kitchen to see Kausar sluggishly walking around trying to make them something to eat, I chuckled before telling her I'll handle it so she went to sort out their uniform's because we hadn't finished unpacking yet.

I stood in the kitchen contemplating what to cook for them.

They are given food in school, only a few snacks are thrown in their lunchboxes, but they needed to eat something before they leave.

I thought about making them sandwiches but I know those children must be tired of having sandwiches, that is what Amna feeds them every single day!

I sighed before opening up the fridge to see what I could work with.

I blinked in surprise when I saw it fully stocked, everything was there...and I mean everything.

I expected it to be empty because we literally moved in yesterday but I guess everyone seems to be prepared except me.

The first thing my eyes landed on was the maple syrup.

Perfect! Pancakes.

I grinned before picking it up, together with an egg and vanilla extract.

I picked up the dry ingredients from the store at my left and about 15 minutes later I was done with making the batter, I didn't fry it so it won't get cold by the time they were done.

I covered the bowl containing the batter before going upstairs to see what they were up to.

I went into their room to find Alim fully dressed in his uniform but fast asleep as Kausar struggled to comb Alina's hair, Alina on the other hand was attempting to burst our eardrums...and it's working.

She looked up at me when I came in with tears running down her face, she struggled in Kausar's grip and when Kausar released her she ran to me before wrapping her arms around my legs.

Damn her hair looked like a bird's nest, we need to get it braided.

"Toh sorry, kinji? Kausar bazata tabba ki ba" I said as I patted her back.

(Kausar won't touch you)

I turned to Kausar "I thought they weren't supposed to be up till 6:30" I said looking at the time on the clock in the room, it said 6:24, and they were already dressed?

She nodded sheepishly "umm...yana daukan lokachi na shirya su, balantana Alina, and the school is far from here than Gidan Asokoro."

(It takes time for me to dress them, especially Alina)

I nodded in understanding before looking down at Alina who still had her cheek pressed against my legs.

I picked her up "but you know you have to have your hair fixed so your friends don't laugh at you."

She gave something in between a pout and a scowl.

"Do you want them to laugh at you?" I said.

She immediately shook her head.

"Then you neeed to sit down so I can make your hair" I said before placing her on the bed as I gestured for Kausar to pass me the combs and all.

She reluctantly nodded and I patted her cheek.

I sat down beside her and I touched her hair, I quickly turned to Kausar "haba Kausar, ai dole tayi kuka, her hair is very dry"

I remember seeing a spray bottle somewhere in her suitcase so I stood up and I rummaged through it and I found it under a minute, I walked to the toilet and I filled it with water before coming back to sit beside Alina.