Chapter 21

I said Yes.

What could I have done? Say no??? With his Mother and Father sitting there after all they've done for me? A no wasn't an option.

That was what led to a long drive to Gwagwalada, early in the following morning to go renew 
my expired passport, Baba spoke to his friend there and it got made for me under 2 hours, I collected it and the driver drove me to school and he took the passport to Ya Muhammad's office and I went for an interview at the embassy the following day.

I hated the picture on the passport.

After I said yes that night I called Mama  to tell her but her phone wasn't going and I called Ummi, and thankfully they were together, the stupid girl kept shouting in my ear

Ok I can't lie I am a bit excited, it's just the circumstances, im going to be so uncomfortable, I mean it's Ya Muhammad we're talking about, to make things worse, Alina is going to be there and I have to deal her bratty attitude when Ya Muhammad is at his meetings, and then there's Alim, Ya Muhammad told me to stay away from him, how will I do that when we're going to be traveling together? I just can't ignore him when I'm meant to take care of him?

That was what has been circling my the entire week as we anticipated my passport being released by the embassy.

It had dropped exactly 8 days after being applied, and we were to leave the next day, on a Friday.

Amna lended me one of her suitcases and she helped me pack, she said the weather there was still a bit chilly.

But I had known that because I had spent the entire week googling EVERYTHING about Turkey, don't blame me! It's my first time traveling anywhere apart from Saudi, I've been there a couple of times with my family for Umrah.

All of my dresses that we packed are from the ones Aunty Saadatu brought for me last week.

After then Amna dragged me to the twin's room where we packed for them, Aunty said I should be the one to pack so I know where everything is, after we finished packing their boxes, I closed them and I dragged the two small sized pink and blue boxes to the door.

I picked up two of their back packs that amna had kept on the bed before stuffing them both with snacks, an extra pair of clothes and basically anything they might need on the plane.

I weighed them both on my hands and when I made sure they weren't too heavy for them I placed each of their bags on the suitcase.

I felt a chuckle to my right and I turned to see Amna by the closet smiling at me.

I frowned at her as I scratched my eyebrow "what?"

"Look at you, you've already transformed into full mummy mode" she teased.

I chuckled along with her before I smiled.

We walked together to the dining where everyone was seated for dinner.

When I went in Zara glared at me. That's all she's been doing after the drama in the kitchen a day after she came back from her cousin's house.

She met me there cooking lunch because the cook was Ill.

"Hm, da ma haka ki ka so, abunda na zo yi Dama so kikeh ki hargutsa koh?? So this was your plan all along, you wanted him?? This is what you're repaying me with? I never liked you but I still showed you kindness, I'm gone for only two days and then you attack in my absence! You get him to take you on a trip with his children, huh? Why not me? Why you? What's so special about you, ay??Tell me what did you do! You seduced him right?! Answer me!" She said as she dragged my arm so I could face her
(Hm, this is what you wanted, what I came to do so you wanted to ruin it??)