Chapter 24

"Noooo" Alina giggled as she ran away from me trouser-less.

I scowled at her and I rushed after her with her trousers in my hands.

She ran out of the room and into the corridors only to crash into her father.

"Ow!" She said as she rubbed on her tiny forehead.

"Where are you going? Go back, Go back to Aunty Manal so she can finish dressing you up" he said as he looked at me.

I quickly looked at the door next to me to avoid his gaze.

Alina pouted before rushing back to me.

Today they were going to go see their maternal grandfather at the hospital.

Alim was already ready, it was Alina who was giving me a hard time.

I kneeled down and I put the trousers through her feet and I zipped it up before fixing the beads on her hair that went into the back of her shirt.

I patted her back indicating she could go and she was quick to rush off to go play with her brother after muttering a 'thank you.'

I was glad her manners were gradually improving.

I grinned at her as I stood up, only to look up to see her father still in the same position looking at me.

My smile dropped.

"Cmon, go get ready we're waiting for you" he said before walking to his kids.

My eyebrows shot up, I'm also going with them? When he told me to get them ready I thought it'll just be the them since it's like a private something.

Before we left for Turkey Amna told me that the man's health was bad, his family had mostly given up on him, the doctors were saying he couldn't make it, so he wanted to see his only grandchildren for the last time to say goodbye, it was so sad.

So I didn't expect him to go with me.

Not wanting to waste their time any further I rushed into my room to get ready

I showered before changing into a white floral dress with little pink flowers.

It was my favorite out of all the ones aunty Sa'adatu got for me, I wrapped my veil around me before picking up a bag and walking out of my room.

I rushed into the twins room and I picked Alina's backpack before stuffing it with extra clothes they might need, a few snacks and Alim's very tiny Spider-Man that he takes everywhere.

I zipped up the bag before walking out of the room.

"I'm ready" I announced when I went into the living room.

Ya Muhammad stood up and he turned off the tv and the twins quickly rushed to their feet. We walked out of the apartment and towards the elevator.

A few minutes later we were out of the building where that same man from the day we arrived was waiting for us in the car.

I learnt his name is Mustafa, he's Turkish.

He is a very talkative man, I didn't get to know that the day he picked us up from the airport because I fell asleep, but today I knew very well.

I had to be the one answering him because Ya Muhammad didn't talk much and I felt bad for the poor guy, he seemed sweet.

A million statements and questions later from Mustafa we arrived at the Hospital.

Ya Muhammad was the first to come out.

He opened the backseat behind him and he brought out Alim and I came out with Alina through the other door.