Chapter 43

It's been almost three weeks since I moved into this house, and things have been going how they were.

A day after the matriculation I went to greet Aunty Sa-..Mami with the twins and we packed the rest of their stuff.

It was really hard to transition from calling her Aunty Sa'adatu to Mami, I was on the call with my mother that day and I referred to her as Aunty Sa'a Datu and Mama almost chopped my head off through the phone, from then on I referred to her as Mami even thought I tend to forget here and there, I wonder how Alim did it with me, it is so hard!

I didn't really get to see much of Ya Muhammad since the day of my matriculation, I mean I did see him, but not as much as I used to see him when we were in Asokoro which seemed weird to me, considering I'm supposed to see him more here.

I only really get to see him during breakfast during the weekdays, he comes back when the twins are about to sleep and he wishes them goodnight before he retires to his room. Weekends , Saturday he was with them most of the time in the study\library and Sunday he goes horse riding, last week he took the twins with him.

I wanted to go with them but Aunty Sa'adatu called the night before to let me know I would be escorting her for a wedding together with Amna.

I've been to the house five times since I left two weeks and 6 days ago but once I haven't seen Ya Khalifa, I cared about him and I didn't want any of the relationships to be strained because of this, I preferred for our relationship to be strained than his and his brother's.

Today is a Tuesday night, I and the twins had waited for their father to come back and wish them goodnight, I was also eager to see him because last night both I and the twins slept early so we didn't see him, and this morning he left early, the twins however did say he came to their school for a parents teacher meeting , but I haven't laid my eyes on him for over 24 hours and I wished to, not just to make sure he's ok, I knew he was, just for the sake of seeing him.

But he didn't come back and we fell asleep, I didn't worry because he had done that twice or thrice, sometimes he gets too busy.

The door bell woke me up from my sleep.

I looked at the time and it was 12:05, I slept about an hour ago.

I figured it was Ya Muhammad, since the bell was still ringing I guessed Kausar was fast asleep and she didn't open it, I've noticed she's a deep sleeper.

I picked up a veil to cover myself up before leaving the room.

I was on the last step of the stairs when it dawned on me.

Ya Muhammad had an extra key. He never rings the door bell.

I stopped walking.

I contemplated going back up, but I still needed to see who it was, what if it was him? What if he forgot his key? And even if it wasn't, surely the person won't cause harm since the guards let him in?

Right? Then why was I scared?

I forced my feet to move forward before making
sure to turn on the lights in the living room.
I walked towards the door, peering at the small monitor at the right side of the wall that showed who was at the door from the camera outside.

Ya Khalifa.

What is he doing here?

After the stunt that night I could not really say I trusted him, and what if he's drunk again??

I huffed as I unlocked the door and I opened it a bit before I pushing my head out.

His frown on his face eased when he saw me "My Princess"