Chapter 2

I adjusted my jilbaab in a mirror in the room I was staying before I smiled at my reflection.

I heard a knock on the door and I quickly looked away from the mirror and at the door before the person catches me looking at myself.

I know it wasn't a crime, but I'll still feel weird.

I let out a sigh when I realized I closed the door, I walked to the door and I opened it to see Amna, and smiled at me "are you ready?"

I nodded with a smile back at her.

About 30 minutes earlier she came in telling me Aunty Sa'adatu said that they should go to a supermarket to get some things for her, and she asked me if I wanted to tag along.

I was excited but I tried not to show it, I arrived in this city a few hours ago but I was already so bored, I had been in my room the whole time.

If it was at home I'll probably be at a friend's house.

I quickly wore my hijab before I followed her out of the room.

We went out of the building to see a car waiting for us.

Amna entered the front seat and I entered the back seat, Immediately I entered I noticed Ya Khalifa was the one driving.

"What took you so long?" He asked Amna.

"Sorry" she said as she gave a sheepish smile.

He shook his head in amusement before he started driving singing to the song playing from the speakers.

I zoned out as I looked at the streets as we passed.

"Why are you so quiet?"

It took me some time to realize that Ya Khalifa was talking to me.

I blinked several times before I spoke "uhh.."

He chuckled.

His question caught me off guard

"How old are you?"

"18" I lowly replied

"Really? You don't look 18" he said.

"Oh.." I said, not knowing how to reply to that.

"How old are you?" When I realized how I didn't have to ask that I wanted to bang my head on a wall

Its not my business! Why did I ask???

But he asked mine!

"Sorry" I quickly added

WHY am I apologizing??

This time both him and Amna laughed at me.

"Don't apologize, I'm 23" he said

"Oh."

"And I'm 19" Amna said in a singing voice.

"Who asked you?" Ya Khalifa asked.

"Ya Khalifa..." she said as she gave him a playful glare.

I smiled at them just at the car stopped, I turned to see us as the supermarket.

It was seemed to be so busy, my anxiety was kicking in.

"Ok, let's go" Amna told me as she opened her door.

I also come out as I followed her inside the busy place.

Raising my hijab a bit so I don't trip while feeling very self conscious.

I felt like everyone was looking at me, but everyone was actually just minding their business.

Let me tell you this, when Amna said we were getting a few things, I thought it will be one or two things.