Chapter 14

We were in the living room playing Whot Whot , I, Zara and Amna.

Yes you heard that right, I and zara were playing a game....together.

I think the only reason she was still here is because her Amna were beating me black and blue.

I had no idea what the hell I was doing.

Yes this was the first time I was playing this particular game, or even the whot whot in general.

Amna explained it to me more than thrice but I'm still confused.

What the hell is this?

"Last card,'warning card" Zara said.

Oh no!

Despite having no knowledge whatsoever of the game I knew that was bad news because of the amount of times I've heard it.

"Check!" She exclaimed as she slammed her card on the other cards on the floor.

Amna has already won that round and she's out, it was remaining I and Zara.

And here I was with about 19 cards in my hand because of the amount of mistakes I've made

"Ughh" I groaned.

This was the sixth time I was failing.

"I call for a rematch, I'll help Manal" I heard a voice behind me as he entered the room.

I turned to see Ya Khalifa.

I guess he wasn't mad at me anymore, for whatever reason he would have been in the first place.

"That's not allowed!" Zara said.

"Yes it is, my card my rules" Amna said with a grin and she fixed her posture.

Ya Khalifa sat directly behind me, i tensed up and I sat straighter.

Amna finished reshuffling and distributing the cards and we started again.

I looked at my cards as the game started.

Ya Khalifa hummed behind me and I almost jumped because I forgot how close we was.

He leaned closer and he held my hands, bringing the cards closer to my face "first error, Zara can see your cards" he whispered next to my ear.

I followed his gaze and sure I could see Zara looking at my cards through her side eye.

I brought them closer to me.

I smiled.

It was my turn and he tapped the card I should put next.

We continued the game for the next three minutes with him tapping the cards I should put next.

"Last card warning card" he whispered to me.

"Last card warning card" I said to Zara and Amna as I reluctantly pulled out the square card, I turned to look at him for approval as he stopped tapping to let me do it myself.

He smiled before nodding at me.

I dropped the card.

When it was my turn again he spoke "check"

"Check" I said as I dropped my last card of the piles of cards on the carpet.

Zara and Amna groaned when they realized I won.

I turned to Ya Khalifa with a grin and he pushed his palm forward to give me a high five before moving away from me to lean against the coach.

"I should have listened to zara and not let him help you" Amna said as she playfully rolled her eyes.